5wk old was ttw but might be to late? opinions please

babyfish2012

Mommy of 1 TTC #2
Reaction score
So i'm exclusively bfing my 5 week old baby girl (ftm). well my SO and i DTD 2-3 weeks ago around the time my postpartum bleeding stopped I'd only been on the minipill 2 weeks (but because of the new baby ive forgoten to take them correctly) but we used spermicides. Yesterday though i thought my period had started already but it was only like a drop here and there. But it was like that today too? My cycle is usually 32days so tracking stuff like this is generally difficult so i'm mildly freaking out because it is way to soon

Nah, the chances are sooooooo incredibly slim I wouldn't worry. You're EBF so that helps to prevent, you used spermicides so they help prevent. Also there is only a 20% chance in a normal TTC cycle where a couple have DTD a lot on all the right days. Plus your cycle would be longer after giving birth anyway because it takes a while for things to settle down. Obviously I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet large sums of money that you're not pregnant!! ;)

Oh and the blood could easily justbe because your uterus is still healing x

I bled on and off for 6 weeks pp.
Then as iwas bf I didn't get af til 9 months.
You can get pg but unlikely, ebf can be used as contraception method up to 6m.
Xx

It's probably still your lochia. And if you dtd then it could be your cervix healing still I bled after sex up until like 16 weeks postpartum and after my first cycle. Don't worry. Or stress if you can help that haha. It would be extremely unlikely that you would have conceived at this point.

It takes a while if you are breastfeeding for your actual cycle to come back. Mine just came back 18 months postpartum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->