6 + 0 week scan

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had my first scan today and as I'm only just 6 weeks I wasn't expecting much but she did the ultrasound on my belly and we saw the pregnancy, sac ect on the screen then a little flickering heartbeat there too! The fetal pole is still small though around 3 or 4 mm..Is this normal? I'm a little worried but happy i've seen a heart beat :)
She also found a cyst on my left ovary but said that it produces hormones to support the pregnancy :/ and should be gone soon has anyone else had this? I'm worried as i've suffered from PCO in the past (No other symptoms such as acne or being overweight though. Just cysts.)

The cyst ia called a corpus leautum (sp)..its there because thats the side that released your egg, so the "shell" of the egg stays, and eventually dissovles as the placenta takes over! Completely normal and everyone has one

Thanks hun! She did say it was normal but as soon as heard the word 'cyst' i was like argh! :D

So happy for you! I have a scan today (i'm 6-6 1/2 weeks) and am hoping to confirm a viable pregnancy. H&H 9 months!

I have a pic of the scan but it's not very clear as it's so tiny! :/
I cant help feeling concerned even though theres a hb

Attachments

• photo (13).jpg
    photo (13).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 18
So happy for you! I have a scan today (i'm 6-6 1/2 weeks) and am hoping to confirm a viable pregnancy. H&H 9 months!

Aw thank you! Lots of luck for your scan :) Hope all goes well x

Congratulations!

Don't worry about the cyst. I had one too where the egg was released. It went by 13 weeks.

Xxx

I also had the cyst as well, my doctor told me that it was on the ovary in which I ovulated from and that everyone gets it and it eventually goes away. As for the baby's measurements, you're only 6 weeks, so I think it's fantastic that you saw the heart beat even if it was tiny! A lot of people can't see a heartbeat until after 6 weeks, so I'd say you're pretty lucky :) Congrats!!

That's great news!! :happydance:

I had my first internal ultrasound today (6w+ 0d) and a gestational sac and yolk were present. SO relieved. They don't expect to see a heart beat for me until 8w. I have another ultrasound set for next week to check progress.

Phew! Ok so 3mm isn't too small for only just being 6 weeks? hfm5110: Aw i'm so happy for you it's so relieving to actually see a sign of pregnancy other than 2 pink/blue lines lol. I worry too much though as I've had mc before :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->