6+2 an no HB...US tech really couldn't see much of anything :( Anyone else?

Tmb0047

Reaction score
Hello....thanks for reading :)

I suffered a loss in June at 12+6. During that pregnancy I never had an US and never got to hear a HB so I have no clue if it was a blighted ovum or if baby had passed at a certain point. Anyway, I became pregnant again just a few weeks after that loss and am know a nervous wreck!

Determined to get an early scan, I went in to emerg with UTI symptoms and pretended to not know my dates so they would scan me. I charted and I know I was 6+2 but the tech had a hard time finding much of anything. No HB, no clearly visible baby and not much for her to get measurements of. The US was only 2d technology so I'm not sure if that may have been it.....also she stated my bladder was not full so she really had to poke around to see my uterus.

Anyway, I see my regular dr next Thursday and am going to beg for an US referral to ease my mind but, in the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone has a similar story?!

Again, thanks for reading :)

I had a 6 week 5 dst scan nothin could be seen with the abdominal scan they did a vaginal scan and Bub was there

They should have done a vaginal scan being that early on. You don't need a full bladder for that scan and it will be much easier to see anything. GL!!

Yeah as others have said a vaginal scan you wouldve seen more...

I just had my US at 6+3 on Friday, and using vaginal plus the extra day, the doctor could *barely* see anything, and only when I was holding my breath. Seriously, they're smaller than a grain of rice at this point. It's hard to see! I'd ask for another US next week, and bloods to make you feel better. <3 I hope everything is fine for you. Keep us updated!

Agree with the others. I wouldn't worry as a transvag ultrasound should be done this early on.

Keep your chin up OP!!

If they didn't do a trans-vag, then I wouldn't be too worried. Even with now, the hb isn't always seen this early. GL!

With this pregnancy I had an early scan at 7 weeks due to recurring losses and they first did an abdominal ultrasound. They could see the flicker of a heartbeat but things were not very clear. They followed it with a transvaginal and we were able to see baby measuring perfectly and they could get a heart rate. Abdominal are just not very accurate at this stage. There was a massive difference between what could and could not be seen between the two, and I was only a week further than you. So I wouldn't fret at this point. :)

FX that all goes well next week! A lot happens within a week's time this early on in the game, so hopefully your doctor can order a follow-up u/s and they'll be able to see much more!

I had a vaginal ultrasound at 6 weeks 4 days. my doctor told me before he even did the ultra sound that it was very unlikely we would see anything this early on. We could only see the gestational sac. I think its really normal to not be able to see anything that early on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->