6+ lbs at 33 weeks!

Jmommy

Reaction score
Went in last week for my regular check up. I've been measuring big since beginning 3rd tri. They measured my fluid and it was above the maximum amount and the baby also measured big. Every measurement they did had her at 38+ weeks and I was 33+4 on that day. They also guessed her to be over 6 lbs already. They don't have any explanation for any of this so I'm just wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything similar. This is my 3rd pregnancy. my other two were term and weighed 6 lbs 14oz and 7lbs 14oz, so not really huge. I do not think my due date is wrong (I wish that was it though :haha:)

Attachments

• 1425873315223-577041216.jpg
    1425873315223-577041216.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 18
Did they test you for gestational diabetes? My fluid was high at 29 weeks, so my OB asked me to do the screen again.

What are the basing the weight on? Ultrasound? I'm expecting twins and I was told one of them was 5 1/2 pounds at 32 weeks I think. From everything I've heard the measurements guesses are generally way off.

I was told that DD2 was measuring as an 8lb baby when I had an ultrasound at 32 weeks and when she was born at 40+5 she was 10lb 9oz. They did test me for gestational diabetes but that was clear. It was a big leap from my first baby who was 8lb 10oz.

Im in the same boat as you are. I am measuring with a big baby but my fluid levels are spot on. I have another scan today to remeasure and check if he is getting bigger! Im hoping the last scan was a tad off and maybe he will be measuring smaller today. I doubt it but who knows! At 35 weeks he was already measuring 7lbs and 1 oz.

babies generally put on 1/2 lb aweek in lastweeks, so she wil gainaround 3lbs making a 9lber at term, less f earlier ;-), not too bad ;-)

My mom was told my youngest brother (1 year old now) was nearly 10 pounds. He was born at 40 weeks weighing a little over 5 pounds.

looking at your other babies size... 6.14 7.14 3rd could easy be 8.14 to follow the pattern :flower:

looking at your other babies size... 6.14 7.14 3rd could easy be 8.14 to follow the pattern :flower:

If I go with that theory I'm in line for a 12lb baby!!!! :cry: lol xx

I had a scan at 38 weeks and was told that LO was already weighing about 8.5lbs and if I went to 41 weeks he'd be born around 9.5 - 10lbs. I also was told I had excess fluid. At 40 weeks my Dr. wanted to induce. He said because of baby's weight, and excess fluid, and the fact that I wasn't dilated at all - it was looking like baby would be REALLY late and better to induce then wait.

Anyways, I went in for the induction - it failed, they tried two other methods - both failed - so I opted for a c-section. Lou was born weighing 7lbs 11oz. They were so off!! There was no way he was 8.5lbs. The scan was WAYYYYY off!

I would take growth scans with a pinch of salt personally. My DD was 5lb 2oz when born at 39+4 so they wanted to do growth scans with my second baby. He was estimated to be 5lb 14oz at the 35 week scan but that was actually what he weighed at birth at 39+3.

I would take growth scans with a pinch of salt personally. My DD was 5lb 2oz when born at 39+4 so they wanted to do growth scans with my second baby. He was estimated to be 5lb 14oz at the 35 week scan but that was actually what he weighed at birth at 39+3.

This is what so many people told me: "I was told I'd have a 10lb baby and my baby weighed 6lb." I was told this over and over again. However, sometimes they are right and baby is big. Wish I hadn't believed they were wrong, you need to be prepared incase they're right!

Well, just be prepared that your baby may be bigger! Of course, those scans are notoriously unreliable. My last baby was born at 38 weeks; I was told he'd be around 6 lb. My fundal height measured slightly under towards the end. Baby ended up over 8 lb!:haha: I was tracking ovulation so I know I was right on for dating, too. Some babies just grow bigger, you know? Made me glad I didn't go full term; delivering an 8 lber is hard enough.

Either way, I'm sure you'll be fine. Lovely ultrasound picture, by the way! So cute!:thumbup:

Just for info and an idea I'll throw my growth scan numbers out.
As of today 3/10 I'm at 35w 5d and baby's measurements came back 6lb 9oz. I believe it was 63rd percentile. Or 64th
For a whole now she's always measured about a week ahead. With a good tummy size but a bigger head size. :)
Doc says that's mine and Husbands fault lol cuz of our big head ;) love how he can joke around with us. We totally agreed. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->