6 month old "swatting" with arm? Normal?

channy3232

Reaction score
So Rocco started this a few days ago where he just starts moving his arm up and down. I've gotten in the way a few times and it hurts! Lol sometimes he does it with a toy in his hand. Sometimes it's just like he's smacking an imaginary drum or something.
it's just an up and down motion with his right arm. I'm just paranoid because my nephew is autistic and I know repetitive motions are a sign. Does anyone elses' baby do this??

its normal hun archie does it all the time, he started off one arm and now at 10m does it with both, it gets irritating as he has to 'smack' everything including his food

Ethan started doing it a couple of weeks ago as well - he started off smacking his bottle during feeds, now he's smacking all his toys too :) He is also kicking a lot - one leg up and down all the time, then he swaps legs :)

Halen does it as well, mostly when I'm feeding him, so my poor boobs get a whack, and when he's trying to go to sleep so he's wakes himself up lol x

Katie is 8 months and she does it, i think its so cute. She does it more so when she is relaxed, like drifting off to sleep or when she is feeding.

V xxxx

Phewwwww! Thanks ladies! That makes me feel better.
And he scratches everything too, to feel the texture. I think it's cute.

Yeah Freya does this, I get whacked in the face when she is feeding, get slapped on my back/neck when she is in the sling, she does it with food, toys, on the mirror, anything. My mum is convinced she is waving, :dohh: Lol. It's like her whole arm does it, all at once.

She also loves scratching stuff, she is well into texture and a label (on clothes or a teddy) will occupy her for ages.

Halen scratches my chest until it almost bleeds in the sling :( so I put mittens on him and he sucks them so their cold n wet lol

yeah we get scrathes and hit to. Bloody hurts when he has a toy in his hand... I always flinch when he hits himself but he carries on ...up and down up and down lol

Alex bangs everything , highchair , toys, us when he's going to sleep!

he scratches alot to , especially the pads in his car seat, the sound drives me mad :rofl:

oh my luca punches everything!!! we co-sleep so when its time to wake up he lets us know by swatting us in the face!

Yeah Freya does this, I get whacked in the face when she is feeding, get slapped on my back/neck when she is in the sling, she does it with food, toys, on the mirror, anything. My mum is convinced she is waving, :dohh: Lol. It's like her whole arm does it, all at once.

She also loves scratching stuff, she is well into texture and a label (on clothes or a teddy) will occupy her for ages.

Lol sounds just like Violet! Especially the mirror - hope she isn't meaning to hit other babies! :lol:

She loves labels too for some reason?? And constantly scratches everything.

She's also got a thing about grabbing my mouth, nose and ears :lol:

Rocco loves tags on things too. His stuffed animals especially. He will touch them and feel them like he's inspecting them. It's like he's thinking "why does this bear have a white thing on it's butt?" lol
And now whenever I change him and we're leaving his room he has to scratch his door on the way out. It makes me cringe though cause it can't feel good on his little fingernails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->