6 month weaning

monte3375

Reaction score
how did you do it?

formula? what brand

cows milk?

He definitely needs formula if you are weaning at six months. Cows milk shouldn't be a drink until a year old.

We've started weaning with food, but lo is still having my milk and I express to use with her food x

I would feed then offer breakfast, dropped the Afternoon feeds then a boob snack around 4, dinner around 5 or 6, then feed to sleep.

Formula for sure if your going to stop breastfeeding all together . Some babies can start cows milk around 9 months but at 6 months baby hasn't had enough exposure to good to do tha

Well I was thinking about breastfeeding in morning before daycare, plus fruit

Formula at daycare for mid-morn snack 4 oz

I go feed him at lunch hour, so I will still breastfeed through Nov.

Mid-afternoon snack: Formula at daycare 4 oz

Evening: Either breastfeed or formula plus veggie or fruit

Breastfeed before bed.

Then I planned on gradually switching to all formula other than morning and bedtime in December.

I just dont' know what formula to use, my daycare uses the Target brand and that would be provided.

For breastfeed babies enfamil makes a kind that's supposed to be easiest for breastfeed babies to transition on because it's more broken down so easier to digest , that's why I used with my first to transition him off breastmilk

Ive been thinking about doing this around 8-9 months. I posted something in ff section hopefully I get some responses. Will be stalking though to see what people suggest to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->