• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6 months, BLW - same food for days?

wish4baby

Reaction score
We're starting to wean my almost 6 month old, this week (BLW). We have no allergies (food or otherwise) on either side of the family. I am unclear on whether I should introduce 1 food for several days before doing another. Most websites say give baby some of whatever you're eating as a family (we eat healthily) but, obviously, we don't eat the same thing for a week straight lol...
I am looking forward to the ease of just giving her some of the steamed veggies & cooked meat out of our dinner, and soon, some of our breakfast foods (oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, eggs, etc).
But doing 1 food for a week will take forever! I don't think I did that with my older kids, but honestly don't remember.
What does everyone else do?

No way....there is absolutely no need to.

Let your baby have exactly what you have from day 1. :)

Nope, no need to. With BLW you should offer everything you're eating (that's healthy, obviously). The whole only introduce one food at a time is outdated advice and isn't recommended anymore unless you do have food allergies in your immediate family (and then it's usually just to be careful with those specific foods). So yes, anything you're eating minus salt, sugar, honey and whole nuts. Our daughter's first meal was roasted carrots and parsnips, mashed potato and a yorkshire pudding.

Great! Thanks for the responses...I went ahead and gave her some dinner tonight! :D she did so awesome, she had avocado and some pinto beans. She ate a significant amount of avocado, but I don't think she swallowed any of the beans lol. She struggled to get them in her mouth, but eventually got one in the hole a time or two - she'd just suck on it, mash it a bit then spit it out. It was so cute! Definitely a fine motor skill workout :) all in all a great experience, she loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->