6 week 6 day scan - need a reality check!

tag74

S, L, M & E's Mom
Reaction score
Hi, I had my 6 week, 6 day scan.

My doctors office never gives me hope. And I do want you all to be realistic with me.

The gestational sac measured 6 weeks, 6 days.

They could see the yolk sac and a small rice like fetal pole (their description)- no heart beat.

I go back in 1 week. I know there are positive stories out there...but are they the norm? I just want to hear it. I'm fragile right now but can take it. The doctors looked like they pitied me, but these are the same doctors who told me this pregnancy was a chemical and I progressed this far.

I had a miscarriage in July and got pregnant with this one literally without getting my period, so I can only go by my positive OPK for my dates. It could be off 3 days tops.

Hi can't give u any answers but I same boat as u. Went last Friday when I thought I was 6 weeks 1 day. Seen a 7 week sack but no yolk and pole. Said maybe too early and to come back in a week. So Friday is now a waiting game for me. 6 weeks was based on my last LMP but that goes on u ovulating at the average time of CD 14 but I know I always ovulate later than that making my bean smaller than it shud be. So here's hoping we both see what we want at next scan. Good luck to u.

I had a scan at what i thought was 6+4 due to bleeding and they saw a sac measuring 4 weeks with no pole and areas of bleed around the sac, i presumed I would miscarry again. I went for a repeat scan 8 days later and baby measured 7+4 with a heartbeat. Im now 25 weeks, good luck x

In the early days, babies are growing rapidly. A week makes a world of difference! I would relax as much as possible and go in for your next scan with confidence. If you are measuring right along with where you should be, that's a great sign. :)

From personal experience with my son, he was conceived immediately after a miscarriage. So close in fact that my doctor said I couldn't possibly be pregnant. My impossible bubble is a happy 18 month old now. :) He measured small all the way up until the third trimester. I first heard his heartbeat when he was a little over 7 weeks along.

Thank you...

Each post just makes me cry. I feel like this may never happen again for my family.

As much as a reality check is needed, I do believe hope is also. So thank you.

There are so many stories hun!!!! Hold on to hope!!!! I hope more post stories for you!!!

Thank you Pink...you know I love you and praying for you too!

I love you too girl and I have been in limbo way too many times so I know exactly how you're feeling!!!! I'm so sorry!! I've been crying all day for you and I'm definitely praying for a miracle!!!! I'll get my beta results tomorrow! I'm having a ton of cramping and my uterus just aches!!!

Tag - I am hoping that this little bean is a growing one for you. I wasn't exactly sure when I ovulated this pregnancy but knew it was somewhere between cd21 and cd27. By lmp I was 7 weeks and went for a scan somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks by ovulation.
We saw a gestational sac measuring 4 weeks and nothing else. No fetal pole and no baby. I thought I was headed for another miscarriage. 2 and a half weeks later I had a scan and baby measured 8+1 which would have put me at 5+4 on the day of my scan. Now I am 22 weeks.
Good luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

There are definitely a lot of positive outcomes from this sort of situation! There is no reason why you shouldn't be one of the positive ones. I have faith and hope in this little bean for you <3

Keeping you in my thoughts !! You are measuring right where you should be that HAS to be a good sign :) I think little bean is just a slow starter. In a week I went from having only a yolk sac to having a bean. All you need is that heartbeat. With so many positive stories I'm sure you will have a great outcome next week &#10084;&#65039; :hugs:

I'm in the same boat...
My doctor says I'm 5w6d had my 2nd ultrasound and saw the baby but not heartbeat.....have ultrasound in 2 weeks....hopefully see a heartbeat then....

Praying for u and hope we both get our wishes....

I definitely understand your worry. To reassure you though, from what I understand if anything was wrong u would've already lost the baby. Also a lot of people don't see a heartbeat until 7-8 wks. I definitely think ur fine as of now. It's still very early. Good luck!
P.s- between week 5 and week 7 soooooo much growth happens, literally day by day things are different. So definitely no need to worry yet! Also usually ur doc will tell you if anything is out of the ordinary

Raiders- 5 wk 6 days is definitely too early for HB. The earliest possible is 6.5 wk, generally 7 though. Don't worry!

I'm in the same boat...
My doctor says I'm 5w6d had my 2nd ultrasound and saw the baby but not heartbeat.....have ultrasound in 2 weeks....hopefully see a heartbeat then....

Praying for u and hope we both get our wishes....

Thanks Raiders - I have been following your thread too and really hoping for the best for us. I'm sure with all the googling you're doing to...it's like a 50/50 shot. :nope:

I definitely understand your worry. To reassure you though, from what I understand if anything was wrong u would've already lost the baby. Also a lot of people don't see a heartbeat until 7-8 wks. I definitely think ur fine as of now. It's still very early. Good luck!
P.s- between week 5 and week 7 soooooo much growth happens, literally day by day things are different. So definitely no need to worry yet! Also usually ur doc will tell you if anything is out of the ordinary

Well I wish that first part was true but I had a mc in July. Blighted ovum and my body didn't want to mc it even though it was found early at 6 weeks. At almost 9 weeks (3 weeks later) I finally had the procedure to speed the process up.

I agree anything can happen, so at this point, hoping for the best but preparing for the worse. I am 99% certain of my dates, so praying this little guy is a slow grower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->