6 week check on wednesday what do they do??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Becky123, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Becky123

Becky123 Mum to Owen Rhys

I have our 6 week check on wednesday just wondering what do they do?

2. ~Mummy~

~Mummy~ Expecting #2!!

My appointment and LO's was separate.
    Her one the HV weighed and did all the usual checks, then the doctor checked her hips, head control and all that.

At my one the doctor just asked me how I was feeling, and said she didn't have to check down there unless I wanted her to. I only had 3 stitches and didn't feel the need for her to. But I think it depends on your doctor.

3. minties

minties Complete

For my LO it was:

Eyes and eyesight (tracking a moving object), ears, mouth, anus, hips, umbilicus, skin, looked at the bottom of his spine, checked his neck strength, weight and length. They also got him to smile but I don't think that was a necessary part of the check.

They asked me about how he has changed and developed from a newborn, how feeding and sleeping was going and if I had any concerns.

He also had his first immunisations but we do them earlier in NZ than you do over there.

4. lori

lori Mom to Simon & Oliver

LO was weighed and measured, talked about breastfeeding, concerns, etc.

My doctor did a pap (I had one in pregnancy, but he said it was recommended at this point as well), checked blood pressure, dipped urine, asked how I was coping.