6 week old with a cold

Frecks

Reaction score
Mt 6week olds got a cold the poor love, been to out of hours docs because he's having trouble breathing but his chests clear, he told us to give him calpol as his temp was slightly raised and iv elevated on end of his crib but it only works for about half an hour before he's spluttering, he's laid on my chest sleeping ATM and is sleeping better, he slept in his car seat last night so he'd be sat up as I was worried I'd fall asleep holding him, looks like a long night tonight, any tips? Oh has just gone to get saline drops but it's more in his throat and mouth, his mouth is really mucousy and it keeps blocking his throat. Were spending regular intervals in the bathroom with the shower on for steam our water bills going to be huge! Lol x

When my lo had a cold I tried raising the cot mattress, saline nose spray, olbas oil on a bib in his crib. I found he slept better on his side. Nothing really worked though. He didnt seem to have much snot, more in the throat as you've said so nothing I tried really worked. I just had to let him get over it. I spent 3 or 4 sleepless nights watching him sleep. Sorry I wasnt much help but I know how you feel :hugs:

My lo just had a cold and I got some vapour oil from boots that can be used from newborn on, I also got the nasal clear tube from boots, it sounds gross as you suck the mucus out of their nose through a long tube but it has filters and you don't actuall get close to the mucus phew! It worked wonders though for him and I then use the saline spray once I had cleared his nose etc... I found he slept better laying on me too..

Hope your lo feels better soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->