6 week scan after 3 bleeds x

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by MrsMama, May 31, 2011.

1. MrsMama

MrsMama Guest

Today I went for an internal scan as I've had 3 episodes of bleeding between 4 weeks and now and am pleased to report baby is fine! Saw this tiny little bean with a little heart beating away!! They say I'm 6 weeks and 6 days. It was absolutely amazing!! Just wanted to share a little reassurance with anyone who has been in the same boat as me and was worrying that bleeds could spell disaster.
    Midwife has told me as long as I don't get cramps or clotting with the bleeds then it should be fine but to report any bleeding I have.
    She explained how bleeding after sex could just signify that the cervix has been irritated and as there is an increased blood flow to the area it can cause the cervix to bleed.
    Hope this reassures someone as I've been going out my mind the past couple of weeks!! X

2. BrittneyMom

BrittneyMom Happy Mom of 2

Thats so awesome everything is ok!!

3. Sophie1234

Sophie1234 Well-Known Member

So glad everything is ok. Hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months. :D

4. MamaDee

MamaDee Mommy + recent MMC

Yay! So exciting. Glad to hear all is well :)

5. mummylove

mummylove Well-Known Member

Thats really gud news :)

6. sailorgirl1

sailorgirl1 Well-Known Member

Glad it went well :)

7. magot

magot Cautiously expecting

Really great news! Hope u have a happy & healthy 9 months. xx

Ps. I live near u - in torbay!

8. MrsMama

MrsMama Guest

Thanks everyone just hope this thread helps any other mums worried about bleeding in early pregnancy. I still can't believe yesterday happened!!! I keep looking at my tiny bean on the scan pic an thinking omg you're mine!!!! Big sister to be keeps saying shhhh bootiful baby, an then tells me to lie down haha she was at the scan yesterday looks like she remembers some of what went on!! X