6 week scan- normal?

Linzalora

Reaction score
The Doc seemed disappointed that there wasn't more to see and gave me the speech about high chances of miscarriage in women like me with PCOS. :nope: He also gave me progesterone pills to take for one month.

Is it normal to see a yolk/heartbeat at six weeks? Did any of your scans look like this one- sans yolk/heartbeat? The Doc wanted to put me at 5 weeks based on the scan and I am so sad. :cry:

I'm travelling for summer vacation next week, and I really wanted good news.

Attachments

• scan 6 weeks.jpg
    scan 6 weeks.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 55
At six and a half weeks with my daughter they saw an empty gestational sac,no yolk, no baby, even though I had very high hcg (16,000). I had another scan a few weeks later and she was there! This time, I had a scan around 5/6 weeks and they didn't see anything at all beyond a thickened uterine lining. He's swimming around as I speak. Try not to freak out.

Thank you so much for your quick reply- I'm so relieved. Your reassurance is very much appreciated.

That's pretty common, I think. Plus I'm pretty sure I can see the start of baby in that gestational sac!

I thought I was 6 weeks when I went for my scan on Tuesday, we saw a fairly big yolk sac, but no heartbeat or baby. So they've put me back to 5 weeks, and reassured me it's perfectly normal not to see a baby or heartbeat at this stage.. So I'd say you're actually right on track! I know how you're feeling though, I went into such a panic at first :( we've got to go back for another scan next Friday, praying we'll see our little dot with a beating heart then! FX for you :) x

Hi hun don't forget implanqtion can occur between 6-12 days, if u implant at the later end that can put you a full week behind even going based on the day you ovulated if charting or by your LMP, as just play said, I'm sure I can see a little bean forming too xx

You are all saints! Thank you for the taking the time to counsel me. I didn't know what the bright white was on the sac, but I'm definitely gonna call that baby now! I think I can sleep peacefully tonight. Thanks again.

Very similar to my scan :) you have nothing to worry about hun! I'm praying we'll see the heartbeat when we go next Friday.. X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 13
Hi I had IVF so the clinic know exactly when conception happens, they do not book scan in until at least 6 weeks 4 days where they say the heart beat should be seen after 6 weeks, don't stress it looks like you are earlier then you think.

Prog tablets not a bad think with IVF you have to take to 12 weeks any way x

You can see the lil bean down in the left hand corner!! I think you will be perfectly fine! When's the next ultrasound?

My next ultrasound will be August 4 after summer vacation. There will be a lot of traveling between now and then!

That is what my first scan, in my first pregnancy, looked like. A few days later everything that needed to be there, was there. Sounds/looks like you just got a scan a bit too early too get a heartbeat. Average is around 6 wks, 3 days. Some take longer, some shorter and implantation can vary quite a bit, which is a factor. I have pcos too and I know that miscarriage talk that you mentioned. Scares the heck out of you. They were wrong every time they said something was probably wrong in my pregnancy. My best advice is just to take it easy and enjoy your travels until your next scan.

I passed one smallish blood clot today and saw some light pink/ brown discharge when I wiped. I was initially devastated, but I did some research and read that that's not too uncommon. Also, I haven't had anything else pass today. I'll keep monitoring tonight and tomorrow.

I passed one smallish blood clot today and saw some light pink/ brown discharge when I wiped. I was initially devastated, but I did some research and read that that's not too uncommon. Also, I haven't had anything else pass today. I'll keep monitoring tonight and tomorrow.

Any bleeding can always be scary. With my first, I bled/spotting for weeks and he was perfectly fine. That being said, I would call your Ob and tell them. Hopefully they can squeeze you in for another scan Monday and maybe it will be long enough to see baby/heartbeat. Hoping for the best for you!

Any bleeding can always be scary. With my first, I bled/spotting for weeks and he was perfectly fine. That being said, I would call your Ob and tell them. Hopefully they can squeeze you in for another scan Monday and maybe it will be long enough to see baby/heartbeat. Hoping for the best for you!

I bled too in my first pregnancy, clotting and all, for five weeks. You always want to let your doctor know about any bleeding. Usually they will fit you in that day or the next to check on things.

The same thing happened to me with my first! The doctor said from what she can see she doesn't even think I was pregnant!! I was distraught! She sent me to the early pregnancy unit the next day and they found a sack but no baby yet so out me back to 5 weeks and told me to come back in 2 weeks. 2 weeks were the longest of my life but I went back at 7 weeks pregnant and saw a little baby and a heartbeat. So don't worry. It can literally change in a day what they can see on the scan xx

Thank you for sharing your experiences. It really helps. Spotting (light pink/brown/2 dark red clots) continued over the weekend, but pads are clean- only notice discharge after wiping. Have an appointment in 3 hours with my doctor. Will update after.

Following. Good luck! I just had a scan at 6 weeks, 1 day with an empty sac. Follow up scan next Thursday.

FX!

Well not a whole lot of news on my end. Bean is there but still no fetal pole or heartbeat. Upping my progesterone tablets and seeing if that stops the bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->