6 week scan only measuring 5 weeks?

blondebabe

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so this is my 4th pregnancy, 2nd baby (2 losses between )
I am currently 8 weeks 5 days and worried because I went into hospital with a sickness bug and they scanned me because I was worried about having another miscarriage .

I have a tilted womb and the baby is implanted really high up in my womb. But I am worried about my dates, husband doesnt think another scan is a good idea as we will have to go private and he's worried about potential damage of too many scans.

So I am waiting for my letter to come through for my 12 week scan (can't come soon enough) :)
I'm just worried. Has anyone had this happen?
Lots of love xxx

I was measuring about 5 days behind at my 6 week scan and also at my 12 week scan. I just had my 20 week scan and I'm now a week ahead. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage!!

I had a scan at 7 weeks... by my dates I should have been 8 weeks but I measured 7... midwife told me it was more than likely a longer cycle that month but also said early scans are not accurate for dating as the baby is so tiny.. every mm is a day apparently so there is so much room for error! I am 9/10 weeks now so have to wait another couple of weeks for my due date! With my daughter i measured bang on with my dates!
Try not to worry :)

With my last pregnancy I was like six and a half weeks pregnant and at my scan they told me I was four weeks. Early pregnancy is sooo chaotic and unpredictable, I would not worry about it yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->