6 week scan :(

Rei

Reaction score
I'm measuring almost a week behind. Doctor seems positive about it and says that ovulation is most likely off. I don't chart or do opk's so it's quite possible. It might explain why my FRER test (the one that detects up to 6 days before a missed period) only turned positive only two days before I was expecting my period and it was extremely faint!
Doctor said she saw what she expected to see, I guess considering my hcg levels and I get another scan next week.
I'm just so worried it's another blighted ovum. T_T I'm still spotting and I wish it would just stop to give me peace of mind. Anyone go through a similar situation?

If it was a blighted ovum wouldn't he have seen a sac? I'm guessing you just implanted a little later and next time you go back there'll be improvement. Don't worry yourself especially if you haven't had any pain or bleeding. Fx for you.

Thank you. I'm just worried because I've had spotting since my period was do. The pain that I feel was told by doctor that it was my muscles stretching. She said she wouldn't be able to tell if it were a blighted ovum until next week. I just worry XD I think I'll worry until the baby is born

Hi!

I wanted to give you some reassurance.

I went for a scan at 7+2 (according to last period), I know I ovulated late so I said it was 6+5 and the baby only measured 6+1.

I was very upset but the dr said she is happy and everything looks absolutely fine.

Today I had another scan (10+2 according to last period), 9+5 according to when I think I ovulated and only 9+1 according to my last scan.

My baby today measured 10+2 and was happily wriggling about, heart was beating strong and umbilical cord was pulsing as it should!

I'd say wait until your next scan. So early on it is 1. Difficult to measure as baby is so so tiny and 2. Babies have growth spurts at different times!

Sending a big hug to you and hope you can relax! xxx

Thank you so much! I'm trying so hard to be patient XD I just wanted so badly to see my little bean on that screen today. I'm trying to stay positive, thank you so much for your reassurance

In all honesty it sounds fine to me. I've always dated behind with my kids usually 3-4 days behind because I ovulate late and implant late. This current pregnancy of mine, I spotted from 4-7 weeks. Bright red, brown, pink, cramps n'all. Went for an emergency u/s and all was fine. Baby with heartbeat etc.
The doctor told me 1 in 4 women spot in pregnancy and majority go on to have healthy babies! So hang in there...it's not easy this waiting period. But take it week by week. If your doctors not worried, than likely all is fine. Hugs!!!

Bumblebee I'm so happy to hear your scan went well today, I was wondering how you got on.

Rei, I am in the same position too, my early scan was around a week behind and I do know when I ovulate. I've read a lot about early scans this week and it seems it's very common to measure behind in very early scans, especially if you have a tilted uterus. Most catch up by 12 weeks. I've got a follow up scan tomorrow. Good luck for next week X

I went in at 6.5 weeks and baby measured 5.5 weeks. I'm now 10.5 weeks and baby is healthy, heartbeat easily heard on Doppler. Don't worry a bit ;)

You ladies are so kind. I super apreciate your reassurance and it is definitely helping me to put my mind at ease. I'm literally the only woman I know right now who is pregnant and I'm so glad I can talk to other women in my same position.

Hi Rei

I'm in the same boat as you so can't offer much in the way of experience, only to say that I understand, I'm here and I'm thinking of you.

I went in for my 3rd U/S at what should have been 8w1d today - I had a very early one at 5w5d, then a follow up at 6w1d as they incorrectly suspected twins. I knew that I'd been measuring behind all along but today they told me it was by a full week which was kind of a shock. It's not uncommon for me to ovulate around day 18/19/20 so it's possible...but still.

OB didn't seem remotely concerned. She said that this is really the first point at which they have enough real evidence to date with any accuracy and that it's usually a fair amount of guess work in the very early stages.

She said the heartbeat is really strong and everything looks as it should for the new dates so she just changed my due date and told me to come back in three weeks for a routine check-up.

I felt ok when I left, but then I googled. Ugh.

Right now I'm really trying to trust in the people who do this for a living - my OB hasn't been shy about bringing me in for additional testing when they're concerned about something so I'm sure they'd do so now if they were worried.

I've also been having the tugging feeling in my uterus and she said it's normal and a good sign that things are stretching to make way for a baby.

I know it's so hard not to worry yourself crazy, especially with so many bad news stories on the internet but like the ladies above have said, it's not uncommon and if your Dr is happy it's a great sign.

Deep breaths!

Keep us posted x

Miss Bea, thank you so much!
I was feeling okay too until I started getting on google. The internet can be a terrible place for us women in the first trimester sometimes XD
I'm feeling a lot better tonight after everyone's kind posts and reassurance. Now that I've calmed down I'm looking at this logically. She told me not to be dissapointed if we didn't see much yet and I remember when she initially took my hcg blood levels they were only at 88 but were doubling accordingly. She said I had to have been really early.
I'm trying to be positive. *fingers crossed*
You're exactly right, we have to trust the people who do this for a living XD I'm glad you were able to see a strong heartbeat at your last ultrasound. I'll say a little prayer that you and everyone here has a healthy pregnancy!

I was measuring 5 days behind at 7 weeks.... And I was POSITIVE of my dates. I freaked out... I was in a panic. Now I'm 21 weeks with a healthy little girl that caught up! Don't panic just yet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->