6 week scan

1wantbaby3

Reaction score
i will be having a scan on friday and will be 6 weeks, anyone that had a scan at 6 weeks were you able to pick up the heartbeat?
i know 5 weeks is a little early but praying to see something at 6 weeks as my last pregnancy was suspected etopic and ended in miscarriage :(

Yes you should see a heart beat at 6 weeks. I had mine a few ago at 6+3 good luck x

Picking up the heartbeat at 6 weeks can be hit or miss. Some get the heartbeat during the 5th week, but sometimes it's not picked up until a little bit into the 6th week. Will you be 6 weeks on the dot? Or will you be a bit into it?

With DS, I had a scan at 6+1 and they only saw a sac measuring 5+5 and nothing else. I went back 10 days later and they got the heartbeat and he was measuring right on time.

So that early, a day can make a difference. As hard as it will be not to worry, if you don't get a heartbeat at your scan, it might just be a day or two early for them to pick it up. So sorry about your previous mc. I'm sure that has to make this an anxious time for you :hugs:

With this pregnancy and my with my son, we saw the heartbeat at 5w6d. With my son, he may have been a few days older since it was a natural/spontaneous pregnancy so we don't know the exact moment of conception. And with his scan, the heartbeat was easier to see and find. With my current pregnancy, I did IVF and obviously know the exact day of conception (when sperm met egg). It was much harder for her to find, and this baby seems smaller than with my son. But she still found it. I guess what I'm saying is, a few days makes a huge difference in these beginning weeks.

This pregnancy was suspected ectopic due to some funky betas a week ago (we're assuming vanishing twin now since 3 embryos were transfered). But at 5w2d, they couldn't even find the sac when I went into the ER. At 5w4d they saw a sac and yolk sac. And at 5w6d they saw a heartbeat. Things change so much day to day. :hugs: Hang in there. This is the hardest part. 1st tri is so scary.

thanks ladies, i can honestly say i hate the first tri, ive had 3 loses in total, one very early 2-3 weeks, other 2 between 6-8 weeks. i cant settles at all, my boobs were very heavy/full for the first few weeks but have now settled over the last 2 days which has me worried :(
i have 2 daughters and had alot of sickness with them from 6 weeks which was a good sign for me that hormones were increases etc.... so im just taking each day as it comes, hoping i dont have any spotting and symptoms appear. we desperately want this baby , im trying to stay positive, i have done so many tests, digi went from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks within 6 days, but i just need to try and settle, i know, but when uve have miscarriages like me, it is very difficult xxx

i will be 6 weeks to the day at the scan x

Congrats on pregnancy and sorry for early losses.
In my miscarriage we never picked up a heartbeat
but in this pregnancy, we say heartbeat at 6w3 days.
You might see it at 6 weeks, but if not, it might just be a few days too early, so dont worry if you dont.

wishing you all the best

I was dated 6 weeks at the scan and saw the heartbeat. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->