6 week scan?

A

ami1985

I was just wondering if anyone has had this and i was wondering if i would be able to get one

Ive been TTC for 3.5 yrs and was diagnosed with PCOS so was wondering if I would be eligible for an early scan if possible?

Anyone had this experience? xx

Hi the best thing you can do is ask your doctor and if he says no then possibly go private if you can afford it :hugs:

It is unlikely you will get one on the NHS. People treated in fertility clinics will usually get an early scan, but other than that, you will probably have to wait for 12 weeks.

If you are having consultant treatment you can always ask. My consultant sent me for a scan at 6+4 because I needed to be on drugs and they wanted to check there was a baby in there before they started me on them.

Otherwise there are lots of places around the uk where you can get private early scans. These are becoming very popular. Don't get one at 6 weeks though. I strongly recommend that unless you have a need for a scan before, to wait until 8-9 weeks. You will definitely see the heartbeat then and the scan will reassure you that all is going well. There are women on here every day who have had scans at 6 weeks, not seen the baby yet, and spent the next week or two in a panic when in fact nothing was wrong at all.

Usually the NHS only gives early scans to people with bleeding, suspected ectopic pregnancy, or a history of recurrent miscarriages.

just hope he says yes, just need some reassurance more then anything xxx

I had a scan at 6 weeks because of a suspected ectopic. I paid £55 for a private scan at 9 weeks. I did not expect to get the scan at 6 weeks.

Hope They say yes for you xx

where did u get the private scan from im gonna ask GP for one at 7/8 weeks just to put my mind at rest and if not ill go private, £55 is a decent price xx

Could you see anything at 6 weeks? xx

I had internal scan done at the hospital. I could see a little 'splodge' and a little fluttering HB.

I have attached a pic hope you dont mind x

Attachments

• 25102011027.jpg
    25102011027.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
I had a scan at 6+2, but that was because I am having some bleeding. I need another one in a week's time because they didn't see anything on the first one, but my hcg levels are increasing. You can only get an NHS scan if there are potential problems and they need to rule out ectopics etc. When I was pregnant with Holly I paid for a private scan at 9 weeks because I couldn't wait til 12 weeks. If you are thinking of having a private scan wait a couple of weeks, a successful 6 week scan doesn't show an awful lot and may not show a heart beat, whereas if you have one at 8 weeks or after you'd definitely see one. x x

hi hun i had 2 early scans because of previous miscarriage but im not sure if they would do it due to pcos maybe ask your doc and tell him your a little anxious and would like to be checked out and go from there!

congrats to you! xxxxxxxxxx

yeh gonna go private at 8 weeks i think if i dont get any joy from docs for a 8 week one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->