6 weeks 5 days: no HB/ HcG is low – any hope?

Briss

Reaction score
After TTC for over 5 years we finally got our BFP and the 1st scan at 4W5D was very promising and my HCG/Progesterone levels were very good. Today at 6W5W, a different picture, no HB and my HCG increased from 3,200 on 21 DPO to only 10,582 on 35 DPO – in 2 weeks! This cant be good, right? Progesterone dropped from 40 to 27 and estrogen also decreased. It took 6 IVFs to get this far, I am just so distraught by these results. Is there any hope?

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't have better results from your ultrasound. Unfortunately, I have had more bad ultrasounds than good, so I know (at least partly) how you must feel.

I had a bean with a low heartbeat last year, and unfortunately I did lose it. HOWEVER I also had a blood clot next to the sac and brown bleeding. When I had the us, the lady said that she had seen plenty of scans with a low heartbeat speed up, but given my other issues she didn't think mine would. If you have no spotting and everything else looked ok, I think you can have hope for sure. Was the baby measuring on track?

Sorry if I've rambled a bit and been unhelpful. I really hope that you are one of the lucky ones who has a good outcome from this xxx

Sorry I read your post as low, not no. I've heard of lots of people who haven't seen a hb early on and then one has appeared the next week! Also are you on progesterone suppositories? Xxx

nicb26, thank you! yes, I am on progesterone but my levels started as 60 then dropped to 40 and now they are 27 but I guess HcG is the main issue. my clinic got back to me and said the levels are not good and they expect HB 30 days after EC so all together this looks like a missed mc. I am heart-broken. the embryo I think measured for 5 weeks and I am almost 7 but for the clinic two main things were HcG not doubling and absence of HB. They told me to do another scan next week which should be conclusive. I guess they will tell me to stop progesterone so I could start mc.

do you have any advice how to manage mc so I could return to TTC/IVF asap?

Hi Briss, I'm sooooo sorry you're going through this. I hope it isn't a miscarriage but if it is and time isn't on your side, I'd avoid a D&C if possible. I've always found it harder to conceive after a D&C. Big hugs xxx

If it does turn out to be a mc, I guess it depends - if it seems to be happening quickly, then just go natural as it puts you back on onto a cycle more quickly. If its dragging on, you might find a d and c easier emotionally. With 2 of mine, I was just spotting and spotting and it wasn't happening on its own. I found it too difficult to walk around knowing what was inside me, so I opted for d and c. Period returned about 4 weeks after. With my natural one, it all happened so quickly I didn't get the option for d and c. Spotted one day, then miscarried the following night. Then bled for about a week like a normal period but longer. I would say that I usually don't ovulate the cycle following a miscarriage, I usually have to wait for one normal period, then I ovulate that cycle if that makes sense.

I am so sorry you are having to face this. Hopefully they are wrong and you are one of the misdiagnosed stories you hear about xx

ladies, thank you! that was very helpful. I think I will try to mc naturally if it comes to that and then see how quickly it happens and if not maybe opt for D&C. I guess one more week of waiting before I know for sure. this is so much worse than a failed IVF cycle.

Hopefully all is good...ive heard a lot that most dont see a hb until roughly 7weeks. If baby measured around Only 5 weeks then in almost all cases a hb is not seen. As for the hcg our bodies can be different. The most important is it rising. Im not sure about the progesterone. I do know that after a certain amount of weeks it does start to go down. Fx for you and your bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->