6 weeks after birth and now this? :-(

elle86

Reaction score
I think I just got my period!! Just when things seem to be under control this happens... I am breastfeeding exclusively so I was hoping to at least make 2 months!

Maybe it's still lochia coming back- I have had a week or two of nothing.. Anyone had a similar experience ?

Yes! I was going to post the same. I keep thinking I've stopped bleeding and can finally stop using pads then more red blood! I wondered about my period (LO is 6wks tmrw) but assumes period would come at 8weeks ish if its going to. Ill ask my HV this week as its not overly heavy to worry about I'm just fed up of if now. I'm EBF too and did with my DD and although my periods returned while i was BF it wasn't until about 6 months. You have my sympathy!

I was thinking it may be lochia as I have started some power walking in the past two days around the same time it showed up !? Everything I have read says 8 weeks to three months for bottle feeders!

I bled for 2 weeks postpartum and my period came back at 4 weeks postpartum, and I was exclusively pumping for twins. It can happen, unfortunately.

I have the same story as pp. With my first dd I bled for just about 2 weeks so it was awesome to stop so early, but my period started at 4weeks and came on time monthly altho I have always ebf. The only thing that stopped my periods even through bf-ing all my kids was when I got my iud. Five solid years of no period...I was spoiled with that LOL will be getting one again after baby girl #4 finally makes her appearance. GL and congrats on your Lo

I got my period 6 weeks pp and was told it was because my baby slept long spans at night from the beginning. Who knows!

I got my period 6 weeks pp and was told it was because my baby slept long spans at night from the beginning. Who knows!

Ciara slept very well from the start but my AF didn't return until 6 months. I wasn't even EBF, was combi-feeding!

Exclusive breastfeeding here, never touched formula, and got my period at 6wks pp.

It happens unfortunately, the books arent the rules.

I thought I got my period back at three months, but nothing since then even though I get menstrual symptoms. Hope I haven't jinx it.

Got mine at the moment. Defo period as i stopped bleeding 3 weeks ago

For me, I get my first period after 6 weeks but I don't BF. I thought when you BF you may not get your period right away. It honestly could be the lochia coming back.

I had one period at 6 weeks pp after DS1.. Then didn't get another until 11 months pp! Also EBF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->