6 weeks after birth and now this? :-(

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by elle86, Oct 14, 2013.

1. elle86

elle86 Well-Known Member

I think I just got my period!! Just when things seem to be under control this happens... I am breastfeeding exclusively so I was hoping to at least make 2 months!

Maybe it's still lochia coming back- I have had a week or two of nothing.. Anyone had a similar experience ?

2. ESF1978

ESF1978 Well-Known Member

Yes! I was going to post the same. I keep thinking I've stopped bleeding and can finally stop using pads then more red blood! I wondered about my period (LO is 6wks tmrw) but assumes period would come at 8weeks ish if its going to. Ill ask my HV this week as its not overly heavy to worry about I'm just fed up of if now. I'm EBF too and did with my DD and although my periods returned while i was BF it wasn't until about 6 months. You have my sympathy!

3. elle86

elle86 Well-Known Member

I was thinking it may be lochia as I have started some power walking in the past two days around the same time it showed up !? Everything I have read says 8 weeks to three months for bottle feeders!

4. ShelbyLC

ShelbyLC Twin girls & baby boy!

I bled for 2 weeks postpartum and my period came back at 4 weeks postpartum, and I was exclusively pumping for twins. It can happen, unfortunately.

5. Tower6

Tower6 Pregnant 1st tri- baby #4

I have the same story as pp. With my first dd I bled for just about 2 weeks so it was awesome to stop so early, but my period started at 4weeks and came on time monthly altho I have always ebf. The only thing that stopped my periods even through bf-ing all my kids was when I got my iud. Five solid years of no period...I was spoiled with that LOL will be getting one again after baby girl #4 finally makes her appearance. GL and congrats on your Lo

6. Kimber

Kimber Well-Known Member

I got my period 6 weeks pp and was told it was because my baby slept long spans at night from the beginning. Who knows!

7. Nat0619

Nat0619 Mummy :-)

Ciara slept very well from the start but my AF didn't return until 6 months. I wasn't even EBF, was combi-feeding!

8. sue_88

sue_88 Well-Known Member

Exclusive breastfeeding here, never touched formula, and got my period at 6wks pp.

It happens unfortunately, the books arent the rules.

9. NoodleSnack

NoodleSnack Well-Known Member

I thought I got my period back at three months, but nothing since then even though I get menstrual symptoms. Hope I haven't jinx it.

10. ladybrock

ladybrock first time mummy

Got mine at the moment. Defo period as i stopped bleeding 3 weeks ago

11. iluvmyfamily

iluvmyfamily mom to 5 babies 1 angel

For me, I get my first period after 6 weeks but I don't BF. I thought when you BF you may not get your period right away. It honestly could be the lochia coming back.

12. Kimber

Kimber Well-Known Member

Welp, there goes that theory. :)

13. d_b

d_b Well-Known Member

I had one period at 6 weeks pp after DS1.. Then didn't get another until 11 months pp! Also EBF.