6 weeks and bleeding?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I should be 6 weeks and 4 days today, this afternoon when I wiped (sorry if tmi) there was pinkish blood, it quickly turned to red with very small clots but so far (nearly 7 hours) it is only when I wipe. So far I have had no cramping what so ever, not even period type pains.

I haven't even told the doctor that I am pregnant yet, am going to go tomorrow. It has been a surprise pregnancy as we were using protection, I haven't told anyone as was going to wait for it to be confirmed this week.

Not really sure what I'm asking, just looking for anyone really that's had the same and it gone on to a successful pregnancy?
I had symptoms for the first week, round ligament pain, heartburn etc but it's all gone now. I have 4 children already and with each of them I at least felt nauseous for the first few weeks but this time haven't felt that at all, I don't know, I think I already know that I've lost it, just hoping for some reassurance really. :)

I am going through the same thing right now. I am 5.5 weeks. Symptoms that were there last week are gone now and I started spotting Thursday night and still am. Sorry I have no reassurances for you but you are not alone!

So sorry you are going through this! I hope you get a positive outcome.

I think what I've learnt is it's really hard to tell what is going on. I have had 2 massive bleeds (bright red with clots) and a bit of a gush of bright red blood and haven't miscarried so far. I'm only 6 weeks and 5 days so anything could still happen but I can say I didn't lose them at the time of the bleeds. I also have known people just to get a little brown spotting but then to lose the baby. I think it's probably very difficult right now to do but try not to think about it because it really could go either way. Best thing is to wait for an ultrasound unfortunately.

As for symptoms, mine have been coming and going too. Try not to think about them too much...again easier said than done and I myself should probably take my own advice.

I know how you feel because I am the biggest worrier ever and already I have had 2 scares and 3 hospital appointments. It hasn't helped me but there really isn't anything anyone can do right now (perhaps pray if you are religious though and try to stay hydrated). It's out of your hands. I think that's what makes me feel the worst too, nothing we can actually do but wait and see.

Seems like pregnancy is so so so much scarier than I ever thought it would be!

So hard to say. I had brown spotting that turned pink and it ended in a loss. The exact same thing happened my second pregnancy and now I have a 16 month old little guy!

Hopefully your appointment goes well and they can schedule some tests to check :)

I've had two pregnancies my first ended in a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks but baby stopped growing at 9 weeks that ended with brown spotting & D&C at 11 week.
My second pregnancy I had bright red spotting & 1 or 2 times when in gushed between 5-7 weeks pregnant also with smallish clots which ended with my beautiful healthy baby girl being born full term July this year. I also won't worry about symptoms coming & going because they do. Easier said than done Hun but try your best to keep calm little one needs positive vibes. Am sure things will be ok :hugs:

Thanks for the replies, I couldn't get an appointment for today so will have to try again tomorrow.
It has turned into a proper period type bleed now with cramps so am not holding out much hope. Am going to do another test in the morning to see what it says, if I've miscarried will it have gone back to negative already?

Thanks for the replies, I couldn't get an appointment for today so will have to try again tomorrow.
It has turned into a proper period type bleed now with cramps so am not holding out much hope. Am going to do another test in the morning to see what it says, if I've miscarried will it have gone back to negative already?

Sometimes it does and sometimes it takes weeks. If it says negative it's probably a miscarriage but if it says positive it could be still a miscarriage unfortunately. I couldn't help myself and when I was bleeding I took my test. Silly I know.

Sorry to hear about this. Some people bleed heavily and have a normal period. I had an MMC at 4 weeks and the tests were negative the next morning.

Thanks. I have an appointment for tomorrow morning. I got some tests through this morning so took one just and although it's a positive it's very light, a lot lighter than I would expect at 6 weeks odd.
In going to take another in the morning so that it's first thing and that way can take them to the doctors with me.

This is the test, what do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 10
Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. I think it really depends upon the test, some lines never get darker. Mine was indeed as dark as the control at 6 weeks but it might not mean anything if it isn't. It also might be because of the hook effect. Try diluting your pee with 50% water and testing again if you have more than one more test left. You might get a stronger line. When there is too much Hcg it doesn't show up.

So sorry you have to go through this.

Tests can be so different - I hope you were able to get an appointment!

Thanks :flower: My appointment for today got cancelled until tomorrow morning, I don't think it matters really as I think it's defiently gone now. I took another test this morning and it's even fainter than the one before. I will see what they say tomorrow but I can't really see them doing much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->