6 weeks pregnant had X-rays---Freaking Out.

Wtc12

Reaction score
I have had irregular periods for 15 years, so when I have a 50-60 day cycle I really don't think anything of it. I have been having excruciating back pain and neck pain, so I went to the chiropractor. They performed two L-Spine and two C-Spine x-Rays. I was not shielded in any way. Fast forward a few days later and I find out I am pregnant. I am panicking. On top of the x-Rays, for a few days I took naproxen and hydrocodone for back pain. I truly am just beside myself, and cannot relax about it.

How do you know your 6 weeks? You may be less? Either way. Because its so early, your probably fine. Ask your doctor.

I'm calculating 6 weeks based on LMP 12/20/2014

:hugs:. I think it must be quite common for ladies to have x-rays before they find out they're pregnant. Last week my doctor wanted me to have an x-ray as I hurt my wrist and he knows I'm pregnant, he said that it is about weighing up the risks. So other pregnant women must knowingly get x-rays. According to my doctor x-rays don't increase the risk of miscarriage or birth defects (which is what I thought the risk was) but it can increase the risk of childhood cancer, but it is a very very small increase- I'm sure he said a 1 n 1000's increase.
R.E the medication, it would probably put your mind at ease to talk to your doctor and find out what they say. Some women have to take very strong medication in pregnancy and while it isn't ideal it happens and their LO's are usually fine :hugs:

Before u ultra sounds they used x Rays hun x

I'm calculating 6 weeks based on LMP 12/20/2014

exactly. You will be fine, but definitely discuss your concerns with your doc. Like someone else mentioned, alot if people get them before they know.

It should be fine hun....as for being 6 weeks, if you are irregular you should get an early ultrasound scan done to actually date your pregnancy as you may not actually be 6 weeks. An early scan helps for those high risk or who often have irregular periods. I would see your dr :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->