6 weeks pregnant (this is when I lost the baby last time...)

Lues

Reaction score
Okay... early pregnancy is so stressful.

I'm wacked out stressed one day and not so bad the next. No rhyme or reason to it at all. It's exhausting. I feel like i've known I'm pregnant for at LEAST a month. But it's only been 2 WEEKS??? WHAT?!!!

But I knew these weeks were going to be long. I go in for a scan next week, probably at 7+1 or 7+2, maybe 7+3 if I can convince myself to hold off for that long, lol.

I'm not nauseous. I literally try to focus on gross smells to MAKE myself nauseous. But nothing. I'm six weeks today, so I know it could still come. And yes, I know that many of you hate it. But I would be the happiest person to ever have her head in a toilet (or even just a rumbly tummy!).

We've been trying for three years now and this will be our first child. Makes me feel like the world is riding on my shoulders. And this is the week I lost the last pregnancy. Missed miscarriage. Went in for my 7 week ultrasound and it was over. I can't imagine having to go through that again after so many years of trying.

I know it's likely to be fine. And I believe it will. (unfortunately, I "had a good feeling" last time too). But I really do believe this is going to be okay. This is just SUCH a touch-and-go time emotionally. I hope so much that I'll be able to relax, at least a little, after my 7 week scan.

Not sure what the point of this post is. I know there are many of you out there in a similar boat. Perhaps I just wanted to express myself to someone I felt would understand.

Aw ww I completely understand your anxiety. I've done nothing but stress since finding out last Monday. I had symptoms that have faded, had a scan last week as I'm a high risk and they just saw an empty sac, took my HCG over 48 hours and it didn't double, only went up about 60%. I go back tomorrow for another scan to see if they can see anything and have been worried sick all week. It's taken us years to get this positive test, even failed miserably at IVF and were told we would never conceive naturally so finding out took us by complete surprise and now I'm terrified we will lose it.

I can't offer any advice as I am just as anxious, all we can do it let nature take it's course and hope that it's our time. I'm 37 so my time is very much ticking, almost non-existent so I guess I am putting even more pressure on myself.

I really hope it works out for you and I'm sure it will! Good luck x

Oh, I feel your pain so much. I am nine weeks pregnant today...third pregnancy this year, never made it past nine weeks. This is such a stressful week, and I have to wait until Thursday for my (second) ultrasound (first one went well, but they did in the previous pregnancies too). I feel like I've known for ages that I'm pregnant. All we can do is stick together, keep thinking good thoughts, and take it one day at a time. Do update after your scan! :hugs:

The thing that has helped me the most is gratitude...just so thankful I get to share my body with this little baby, for however long that might be. Anytime the fear creeps in I just say my little prayer of thanks. It sounds trite, but it really helps me.

Gosh, you must be super stressed. Did they find out the cause of your losses? I hope that the second scan is good, I'm sure it will be. Life can be very cruel sometimes, I just hope it's not on this occasion. I'll update after my scan tomorrow either way as I'm sure people who read want to know the outcome, good or bad. Good luck for your scan, praying it's a sticky one x

Im sure everything will be fine! :) I had a MC before my son, then this year i had a missed miscarriage. Went in at 12 weeks for scan and everything had stopped at 6. It's such betrayal when that happens and our body doesnt get the message. BUUUUTTTTT ive read many many places, it's very rare to have 2 missed mc's in a row. I just went Friday for my scan at 7 weeks 2 days and there was a little flutter of a heart beat at 132. <3 I dont have any symptoms either except EXHAUSTION and i started to get weird about foods (smells and things ive eaten forever just arent appealing) at 6 weeks. The symptoms will come. The anxiety will be there, for a long time. Even seeing the heartbeat only temporarily eases the anxiousness. Just know you are not alone, and what will be, will be. Keep us posted when you have your scan.

Gosh, you must be super stressed. Did they find out the cause of your losses? I hope that the second scan is good, I'm sure it will be. Life can be very cruel sometimes, I just hope it's not on this occasion. I'll update after my scan tomorrow either way as I'm sure people who read want to know the outcome, good or bad. Good luck for your scan, praying it's a sticky one x

They did pathology on our second loss and it was a baby girl with trisomy 16. They *think* the first loss might have been a genetic anomaly as well (just based on how similar it was to the 2nd one), but they don't know for sure. I had d&c's with both, but they only offered pathology on the 2nd one because one miscarriage is so common. I will be praying for you as well! <3

That's so sad, I really think we put so much pressure on ourselves. I'm on a complete emotional roller coaster and praying it will be good tomorrow.

All we can do is think positive thoughts and be good to ourselves and take each day as it comes.

I'll update tomorrow and will try and keep the faith for us all in the meantime x

Lues I feel like you wrote a post that I would word for word! We'll I'm 7+2 now I lost my baby at 6 week's, on 1St Nov 2014- I can't tell you how nice it is to get past those dates/weeks. I too have a good feeling this time but ask Me that a different day and I crumble!! Too many years of trying, far too many appointments at hospitals, a loss, a chemical and shed loads of tears.
I now talk to my baby, say a little prayer at night and tell it to stay put!! I'm not religious but it helps me.
It's going to be the longest 12 week's ever!! Xx

Thanks everyone. It's really nice to hear from people who understand.

And yes, everyone please update as things go on. It's nice to have other people to sort of check on and to touch base with. We can celebrate the little things together!

LaurenaC - good luck tomorrow!!! I understand the pressure feeling. Useless feeling that it is, it's a tough one to shake.

cscbeth8421 - yay for a healthy heartbeat!!!! That's a big one. I had an established heartbeat last time, but it was VERY faint, they weren't even able to give us a beats per minute. I'm hoping that'll be a relief for us this time, once we cross the hurdle

biscuits104 - so sorry to hear about both your losses (I think we've spoken a few times in the past month) I will be sending you good vibes all week for Thursday, I can imagine how slow the time will go.

Sugden88 - I know what you mean! Some days I'm like "this is all good", other's I'm a mess. and there is no rhyme or reason that's for sure!

Any of you have morning sickness? Food aversions?

Well ladies, I had my scan this morning and there was a beautiful heartbeat. Everything was as it should be and I feel so grateful. I am about 5 and a half weeks. Need to stop stressing and look after myself now x

Well ladies, I had my scan this morning and there was a beautiful heartbeat. Everything was as it should be and I feel so grateful. I am about 5 and a half weeks. Need to stop stressing and look after myself now x

GREAT news!!! Congrats!

Yay Lauren!!! I'm SO happy to hear that. I love hearing good news. It keeps my spirits up and reminds me that good things happen!!!

You so deserve it Lauren, I hope it helps you stop stressing (at least a little bit!). How are you feeling?

How is everyone feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"