6 weeks scan

missielibra

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm having an abdominal scan tomorrow at 6+3. I was wondering if anyone had a scan around that time and saw the HB? I had a bleed 2 weeks ago, they did beta, it was fine. Now I had a bleed again, they took blood in case they won't see the HB but honestly, I'd like the HB confirmation, so I'm wondering how likely it is that they'll see it!

Thank you!

I did hun! On this baby I had a scan at 7 weeks, but when they measured me I was 6+3 or 6+4 something like that, seen a lovely clear heartbeat :) good luck and I hope it all goes well <3

I had one at 6+1 and saw a hb but I was told if I'd come a few days earlier I probably wouldn't have so if my dates had been off I may not have been lucky enough to see it. FX for you!!

I had one at 6+4 with a heartbeat and then 6+3 with hb,I know it’s scary,try to think positive,gl xx

yes if your dates are correct there is a good chance you will see a hb. I will warn you that with this pregnancy i was just over 6 weeks and they freaked me out as they said it was lower than they liked and we'd have to see what happened in a week but baby was absolutely fine and im over 30 wks now. Good luck x

With dd2, yes at 6wks we saw it.
With angel DS, that's the only time we saw the HB because then it stopped.
With this baby, same as dd2.

Thank you everyone! :hugs:

It reassures me that so many people have had HB at 6 weeks. Usually they would have probably tried with the small echo machine they have, but the on call doctor for the no apt is not one that usually does the pregnancy follow up, so she didn't wanna do it.

I know that when I was 4+6 my blood test beta came back at the "maximum" range for 4 weeks. (it's 426 and I was 425), so I'm hoping my dates are good? FX for tomorrow morning... I'd really like to avoid going for a repeat beta for the one we took today - because a HB is a clearer re-assurance...

Based on that too, my beta should be at least 13,600 today... but I wont found out until tomorrow.

I saw a heartbeat this time at 5w5d (although later got pushed forward so it was probably 6w2d). I also saw one the time I had a MMC at 6w0d. Good luck!!

Thank you everyone! :hugs:

It reassures me that so many people have had HB at 6 weeks. Usually they would have probably tried with the small echo machine they have, but the on call doctor for the no apt is not one that usually does the pregnancy follow up, so she didn't wanna do it.

I know that when I was 4+6 my blood test beta came back at the "maximum" range for 4 weeks. (it's 426 and I was 425), so I'm hoping my dates are good? FX for tomorrow morning... I'd really like to avoid going for a repeat beta for the one we took today - because a HB is a clearer re-assurance...

Based on that too, my beta should be at least 13,600 today... but I wont found out until tomorrow.

If your betas would roughly be 13,600 then you should definitely be able to see it hun! Good luck for today!

HLx I am going based off my 4+6 and assuming I have been doubling since.

Thank you everyone.

The doctor really didnt seem sure. But she was the on call for no apt at my clinic and shes the only one who doesn't do pregnancy follows so she wasnt sure about anything.

At then end she told me well be positive. Theres 1/2 chance that everything is fine and 1/2 only that something went wrong.

How encouraging!

A little less than 2 hours!

What an idiot of a doctor,for one,surely you should have some clue on pregnancy being a doctor,if u do follow ups or not,half the women on here know most stuff and that’s just from knowledge of experience talking on this site,a doctor should see enough people to be a little clearer AND be a bit better with the way she words things good luck hun,just remember that sometimes the first stage can take longer than the rest for some reason,my ex sister in law went at 6wks for a scan and was just a feral pole but by the time she got to 11wks she was dated ahead xx

We saw a heartbeat! Altho she had to do a vaginal one. My bladder was so full it became counter productive! She put me back to 6weeks exactly. Which honestly considering the fact I ovulated on day 20 instead of 14, I expected!

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

And I agree. Even as a doctor she should have had some knowledge...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->