6 wk check

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
What do they do at the mums check?? Hv was saying about booking it just wandered? No stiches feel normal etc is it necessary??

What usually happens at your postnatal check:
you will be weighed and can get weight loss advice if you need it (find out about healthy diet and fitness after the birth)
your urine will be tested to make sure your kidneys are working properly and that you haven't got an infection
your blood pressure will be checked
you may be offered an examination to see if your stitches have healed (if you had any), and that all the muscles used during labour and delivery are returning to normal
your breasts probably won't be examined unless you have a particular concern about them
your doctor may discuss carrying out a cervical screening test (smear test) with you if you have not had one in the past three years – the test won't usually take place until three months after delivery
if you are not immune to rubella (German measles) and were not given an immunisation before you left hospital, you will be offered one now – you should avoid becoming pregnant for one month after this immunisation
you will be asked if you still have any vaginal discharge and whether you have had a period since the birth
Tell your doctor if:
you are having trouble holding urine or wind, or you are soiling yourself
having sex is painful
you are feeling very tired, low or depressed
you are worried about anything

What usually happens at your postnatal check:
you will be weighed and can get weight loss advice if you need it (find out about healthy diet and fitness after the birth)
your urine will be tested to make sure your kidneys are working properly and that you haven't got an infection
your blood pressure will be checked
you may be offered an examination to see if your stitches have healed (if you had any), and that all the muscles used during labour and delivery are returning to normal
your breasts probably won't be examined unless you have a particular concern about them
your doctor may discuss carrying out a cervical screening test (smear test) with you if you have not had one in the past three years – the test won't usually take place until three months after delivery
if you are not immune to rubella (German measles) and were not given an immunisation before you left hospital, you will be offered one now – you should avoid becoming pregnant for one month after this immunisation
you will be asked if you still have any vaginal discharge and whether you have had a period since the birth
Tell your doctor if:
you are having trouble holding urine or wind, or you are soiling yourself
having sex is painful
you are feeling very tired, low or depressed
you are worried about anything

thanku!x

At my 6 week, I had a breast exam, and then they looked inside to make sure my cervix was how it was supposed to be I guess.

I didn't have any sort of physical check at my 6 week check. Dr just asked a lot of questions about how I was doing and then asked if I had any concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->