6 year old Birthday Party

Amarna

Mother
Reaction score
My DD will be turning 6 in April and I've started thinking about planning for her birthday party. Our house is really small and really cannot accommodate many guests comfortably. Last year we did a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party and it was fun but rather expensive. So this year I was hoping to do something at a park. There are pavilions we can rent with tables, etc. and plenty to keep kids occupied. But April around here can still be very rainy or sometimes cold (it's snowed in April before here) so I'm hesitant. I do know I"ll have to reserve a place soon though if I want to be guaranteed an open space no matter where we decide to go. I was also thinking of a lego-oriented play place we have near here, they do building activities, etc. with the kids and seems really neat. They are however more expensive and money would be tight, the park would save us a lot a of money compared to anywhere else. I don't however want to get rained out.

Where do you think I should throw this thing? I wish we had a close relative/friend with room for this type of thing but everyone lives too far away to expect her friends to make it.

Hi. Unfortunately you live in the states so it makes it harder to give you ideas.

It's my sons 6th birthday in Aug and although we haven't planned anything yet we do have a few ideas. Over here we can do parties at sports centres. So one idea for us this year is to take up to 10 children and they have 45min of soccer coaching followed by some food.
Quite often things can be really expensive so we try to keep the cost down by not having as many children. While its nice to invite lots of friends sometimes it can be nicer to have a much smaller party of close friends.

One other idea we have is pottery painting. We have a few places close to us where you can paint a plate or cup and then take it home with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->