6 year old son got us in despair :(

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
Yesterday we got a call from the headmaster to say our son had shown his private parts to another boy at school during the lunchbreak, in the playground. Myself and oh are both mortified, have no idea where he's got that from or why he'd do that. At home he is very protective of his privacy and doesn't even like it if oh, myself or his 4 yr old sister glimpse him changing! I just don't know what to do, I feel like the other parents are moving their kids away from us, we are just at a loss and feel we are gunna be judged by others and tbh I can't blame them:nope:
I just can't believe my son could do something so awful:cry:

I don't have kids but have you asked him why he did it? He's still little at 6 years old, maybe he was 'dared' to do it or they were just curious? If I was another parent at his school I wouldn't see it as an awful thing-maybe if he was 11-12 then yes.
:hugs:

He's 6!!!!!!!!

Seriously - hes still a baby - and doesnt see his privates as sexual or anything of that nature. To him its something boys have, something they pee with - nothing sinister.

TBH i think too much of it has been made. I think you should just have a quiet word with ur son and say that its not something that we really do, and he shouldnt show them to his friends.

Honeslty, i see it as normal childish behaviour and nothing that other parents should be judging over. And you cretainly should get urself so upset over it.

:hugs: xxx

At this age thats actually normal behavior.
Its up to us as parents to make sure he understands its unacceptable behavior, But at his age its more about being silly than it is about sex.
A friend of mine was baby sitting a little boy and caught him (I beleive he was 6 or 7) in a closet with her daughter who was the same age showing her his bits
She called her Pediatrition who told her that with as frigtening it is for us as parents its pretty normal but to talk to him and let him know that he cannot do it any more.
HTH

Thanks for the replies. It was just so awful to hear, I was away for the day and my phone was out of signal, and when it got bars back again there were all these missed calls from oh since the head called about it. Obviously the school has to inform all the parents of the kids involved, but they weren't allowed to tell us who the other boy was, we had to find out from our son. We haven't been able to get him to tell us anything else, as soon as we bring up the subject he gets thoroughly ashamed and starts crying.
I'm just really scared because we've only lived in this area a year and a half, and don't really know anyone very well, it's been hard to forge friendships and our son has already been bullied about his accent and things, I don't want him being labelled as the bad kid, and it would be so easy for people to just decide we are scummy and shun us. Maybe I am overreacting but it's just such a shocker :(

Yeah I posted a thread here about my son being bullied and the princepal (which is the same as head master) called and cant tell me what happened with the other child
but dont dispair more than likly he is just calling because he has to let you know these kind of things

I wouldn't worry, its normal. My 6 year old thinks finds bodily parts both funny and fascinating. We had bought him one of those Fisher price cameras and I had a scan through one day, he'd been taking pictures of his bits and his bottom. I just deleted them and explained that it really wasn't appropriate and that we could get into trouble. He hasn't done it again, but probably because I told him that he would lose his camera if it did.

Thanks Mom23monkies, it is so relieving to know that someone understands. I hope your son gets through the bullying thing ok.

Thanks Tallybee
It will work out some how or another
Good luck!

I ditto the others .. my 6 year old son thinks his willy gets "cramp" :blush: and i caught him showing his sister :dohh:
He didnt mean any harm like your son wont have ... they dont know its as bad as it is .. they think its no worse than sticking their tongue out or somthing.
He just needs a little chat about how only mummy's, daddy's and Doctors are allowed to see private bits from now on :hugs:

Boys! agree with others , he does not see it as a sexual thing. If I was a parent at the school it wouldn't bother me and I would not judge you as 'scummy'. How will all the other parents know what has happened, none of their business anyway.
Come on head up, walk tall and move on.!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->