60 days until the Hubby gets home from Afghanistan

zookeeper

Reaction score
So my hubby and I started seriously trying for a baby back in april and continued to try for about four months until he deployed. I wasnt able to get pregnant. I understand completely that these things take time, I could have been trying to hard etc. but it still makes you wonder hey, could there be something wrong? So we took some time off from trying even after he deployed and came home again (now he is deployed again) but im finding myself incredibly jealous of my two best friends who found out they were both pregnant a week apart from each other. yeah. Basically what im getting at is I would really like to get a game plan going. I'm scheduling an appointment with my obgyn and I'm taking vitamins now I just want to know if there is anything else I can do to prepare for the upcoming baby making marathon? I keep track of my cycle as well. Is it to early to see someone about infertility? help me ladies I need a little bundle of joy!!
:crib:

Are you charting temps or just dates? I'd suggest taking temps as well and maybe start poas to pinpoint ovulation? That way you'll know whether you're ovulating and also whether you're having sex at the right time. I'd give it three cycles of trying (just before and on ovulation day) and then see a doctor if you haven't conceived. A lot of the time it's just a timing issue so charting may really help.
Good luck!

Out of all vitamins start taking folic acid now. Its recommended you start about 3 months before conception and make sure it doesn't stress you out to much over trying, that could be counteractive.

Four months really isn't that long so don't worry about something being wrong. I think the standard is if you've TTC unsuccessfully for a year, then you want to start looking into why or why not. But it's a good idea to let your ob/gyn know your plans and get started on a good prenatal.

Thanks to both you and your husband for his service in the military and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->