I think she can.

With the right support and guidance then why not.

V xxx

^ Exactly the words I had in mind as I opened this thread!! xx

Going by the 13 year olds I know, no. It's scary to think there are girls that age, who will be mums. I have a 14 year old stepdaughter, and she has a couple of friends who were pregnant at 13 - I find it quite shocking TBH. I think that someone of that age can learn to be a good mum, with help from their parents and a lot of support, but I'd be highly surprised if it came naturally...

Yes of course she can. With the right support and guidance she can be just a good a mum as a 30 year old. Age is just a number it doesn't define the abilty to be a mother. x

I don't think I would've been, when I was 13.
xx

Meant to add - some teenage parents do a fantastic job. My friend had her baby when she was 17, her daughter is 14 now, and is the most charming, mature teenager you could ever meet. I'm not saying that a 13 year old can't do a good job - I'm sure she will with the right guidance and support, it's just that in my eyes, it's far too young to be a parent.

For me its No. IMO being a parent/mum is so much more than good intentions. :flower:

I really don't know..I think it depends how mature the girl is..
I was very mature thinking at 13 years old,I didn't have my parents to guide me and I had to take control of my life...but from being mature to being a mum it's a long way to go.
I guess if you have your family's support and advice you can become a good mum at 13 years old..if it was for an accident..but this doesn't mean they should all have babies at that age just because they think they r mature enough

Absolutely. It is a very, very young age to become a parent, but the 13 year old can certainly be a good mother if she chooses to be.

( I should add, I wouldn't have been a good parent at 13, nor 16.. and probably not even 18 if we're talking honestly, Personally I wouldn't have. But I know plenty of 16 & 18 year olds, that work hard and do a fantastic job. )

Absolutely. It is a very, very young age to become a parent, but the 13 year old can certainly be a good mother if she chooses to be.

( I should add, I wouldn't have been a good parent at 13, nor 16.. and probably not even 18 if we're talking honestly, Personally I wouldn't have. But I know plenty of 16 & 18 year olds, that work hard and do a fantastic job. )

Crikey I worry about whether I can be a good Mum at 34...I definatly was not ready at 13, I was still wearing knee high socks and playing with barbies...:haha:

I think a 13 year old can IMO.. I had my LO at 17, I would have been able to do the job im doing now 2 years ago... and if I had the right support, probably at 13 too!
My friend had a baby at 13, unfortunately she was a drug abuser and had her child taken away 2 years ago, all depends on the person, attitude and support given <3

I would have to say it would depend on the 13 year old. Some are mature, some are not (but I could say the same about any age really).

100s/1000s years ago, it would be normal for a 13 year old to be married & with a child. Bit of a crude saying but "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed" It's what we are designed to do & it's today's society that dictates that a 13, 14 etc is not old enough to be a parent, yet it was normal (& still is in some countries as far as I am aware).

I think any 13 year old has the capacity to be a good mum with the right guidance,
But from my point of view, becoming a mum so young they are losing out on their own childhood which is sad.

I don't think 13 is the ideal age to have a baby but anyone can be a good mum with the right support. There's so much help and information out there and if you get all the help you need then anyone can be a good mum. The same as anyone can be a bad mum, age has nothing to do with it.

Im classed as a young mum ay 23 but I think I'm doing a good job and I think everyone despite their age has worries etc. I'd never changed a nappy before having masin

I think any 13 year old has the capacity to be a good mum with the right guidance,
But from my point of view, becoming a mum so young they are losing out on their own childhood which is sad.

That I agree with, I'm only 18 and missing out so much, but I wouldn't change it. <3

I really wish people wouldn't use the past as an example and I don't mean it in a mean way, medically its bad for a woman to give birth at such a young age because their body is still undergoing vast development/puberty and pregnancy can stunt this growth along with higher pregnancy risks than someone that is in their early 20's, And as far a periods go you can get them as early as 8 so all the more reason why looking at the past is not useful anymore.

I would have to say it would depend on the 13 year old. Some are mature, some are not (but I could say the same about any age really).

100s/1000s years ago, it would be normal for a 13 year old to be married & with a child. Bit of a crude saying but "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed" It's what we are designed to do & it's today's society that dictates that a 13, 14 etc is not old enough to be a parent, yet it was normal (& still is in some countries as far as I am aware).

Took the words right out of my mouth. Thankfully, much of the world has accepted the idea that 13 is too young to be a mother not because of lack of skill, but because the girl is still a child and should have plenty of time to experience the world and get a good education before having children.

I also agree that with the right support, a 13 year old could be a good mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->