6DPInHomeIUI/6DPO anyone want to wait with me?

WinglessAngel

Reaction score
So my hubby is a retired doctor and I learned about in home IUI's a number of months back. Fast forward to this month, we managed to time the in home IUI to exactly when I was ovulating (tested and felt, I cramp moderately every time I ovulate).

I am essentially unexplained infertility with Endometriosis and hubby and I have been actively trying for 6 years or so now. I decided it was time to try something different, so in home IUI it was.

My insurance will not cover any fertility related treatments, tests (even a sonogram of my uterus because they said it was because of the Endometriosis diagnosis and therefore it was fertility related, stupid I know!). So I've been working on raising my Progesterone levels naturally with Vitamins B6, C and E. Hubby is also on Vitamin C to help raise his swimmer count.

I've lost every pregnancy either due to miscarriage or chemical loss that I've had so far, so many I've lost count. So hence why I've been trying to raise my Progesterone levels naturally since we can't afford the hefty costs of paying out of pocket.

We did a true in home IUI, due to my business ownership status and licensing, with a properly done in home sperm wash (the company that I purchased the sperm wash medium only sells to offices or businesses. I was able to purchase my own centrifuge to do it myself very easily, along with the tools needed to do the wash and the IUI itself.

We did our in home IUI on the 4th, so now I'm 6DPIUI/6DPO

I actually had no side effects, hubby did an excellent job and had no pain whatsoever nor cramping etc. He's been monitoring me at home closely and so far so good.

Mainly I've been extremely tired, more so than my usual, and extremely hungry for the last two days. Extremely minor off and on twingy cramps here and there. Not much to go on so soon but still.

Anyone else want to wait with me who's on a similar post IUI day? PS: I did POAS yesterday and today just because I have like 120 tests that I bought in bulk a while back. BFN's of course because I know it's far too early. But, I bought in bulk so I could assuage the POAS urge whenever I wanted to. ;) lol

Well can’t heard I’ve ever heard of a home IUI but good luck hun :) hopefully this is sucsessful for you :) I’m around 4/5dpo but will be following best of luck :)

An in home IUI is simply an IUI done at home rather than a doctor's office. We did it at home because my husband is a retired doctor and I felt perfectly safe with him doing it. It also saved us a lot of money going that route since my insurance does not cover any fertility stuff at all. Good luck to you as well!

Hi. Good luck to you! I am 7dpo. The waiting is killing me. I'm stocked full of tests. Lol. Can you explain briefly how an iui is different from just having sex? I know someone who had an iui. She did get pregnant but was also on fertility drugs.

Good luck to you!

An IUI is essentially giving the sperm a couple of boosts of help. I did it with no medications because for one I couldn't get any but I also ovulate regularly so I really didn't need any to help aid my body to ovulate.

Before any IUI is done the partner has to provide a swimmer sample, in the case of same sex couples, sperm banks are used that already have them ready and washed. For couples who do not use a sperm bank, a sperm wash must be done in order to prevent sickness and essentially injury. A sperm wash is done in a centrifuge where special liquid media is added that removes the proteins and bad stuff, and any non viable swimmers, that the vagina naturally stops when regular BD'ing is done (essentially). The purpose of the sperm wash is to remove the stuff that could cause infection, possible uterus collapse, etc, because the sperm is being inserted directly into the uterus instead of traveling through the vaginal cannal as they would normally.

An IUI is done basically with the woman on an exam table, the doctor/nurse will use a speculum to open the vaginal cannal so they can see the opening of the cervix. Once they find the opening, the sperm is inserted via a needleless syringe (with a long thin tube at the end) into the opening of the cervix, with the sperm being deposited as close to the fallopian tubes as possible. Most are advised to rest for a bit right afterwards to prevent the dizzies or anything else. You can continue your normal daily routines afterwards etc. (PS, I'm not a doctor but this is what I've learned and experienced).

Good luck to you!

An IUI is essentially giving the sperm a couple of boosts of help. I did it with no medications because for one I couldn't get any but I also ovulate regularly so I really didn't need any to help aid my body to ovulate.

Before any IUI is done the partner has to provide a swimmer sample, in the case of same sex couples, sperm banks are used that already have them ready and washed. For couples who do not use a sperm bank, a sperm wash must be done in order to prevent sickness and essentially injury. A sperm wash is done in a centrifuge where special liquid media is added that removes the proteins and bad stuff, and any non viable swimmers, that the vagina naturally stops when regular BD'ing is done (essentially). The purpose of the sperm wash is to remove the stuff that could cause infection, possible uterus collapse, etc, because the sperm is being inserted directly into the uterus instead of traveling through the vaginal cannal as they would normally.

An IUI is done basically with the woman on an exam table, the doctor/nurse will use a speculum to open the vaginal cannal so they can see the opening of the cervix. Once they find the opening, the sperm is inserted via a needleless syringe (with a long thin tube at the end) into the opening of the cervix, with the sperm being deposited as close to the fallopian tubes as possible. Most are advised to rest for a bit right afterwards to prevent the dizzies or anything else. You can continue your normal daily routines afterwards etc. (PS, I'm not a doctor but this is what I've learned and experienced).

Thank you for your response. Wow, that is interesting. I really didn't know much about it. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you and baby dust to you too! That's just my synopsis of the procedure, you really should do your own search. I may have missed some things in there but you sort of get the gist.

So a quick update. All tests so far have been BFN's, but it's still a bit early as of yet. Tonight after a nap I woke up and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. I've been having headaches off and on as well. My boobs have a road map starting but really nothing else as far as symptoms. Off and on extremely mild cramps that come and go still. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to come up pregnant this month since I had no symptoms other than headaches off and on and the occasional crampy twinge, but after tonight's nausea fest that's still going, I'm not sure now. I'm not out until AF shows though so we'll see what the coming few days bring. I'm at 9DPO now, 10DPO tomorrow.

So a quick update. All tests so far have been BFN's, but it's still a bit early as of yet. Tonight after a nap I woke up and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. I've been having headaches off and on as well. My boobs have a road map starting but really nothing else as far as symptoms. Off and on extremely mild cramps that come and go still. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to come up pregnant this month since I had no symptoms other than headaches off and on and the occasional crampy twinge, but after tonight's nausea fest that's still going, I'm not sure now. I'm not out until AF shows though so we'll see what the coming few days bring. I'm at 9DPO now, 10DPO tomorrow.

Sounds promising! Fingers crossed for ya. I'm 11dpo and bfn. There's a chance I ovulated late due to a lot of stress that week. So I'm not out yet. Waiting until next week to test again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->