6w PAINFUL!! when I pee? Any ideas?

peacelikeariv

BFP with #1
Reaction score
Hey Ladies! I am having very strong aches on the right side when I pee. It is mostly if I have held it to long. But I have to stop peeing it hurts so bad. Anyone have any idea what this is? 6w 2d

I am also thinking UTI, would suggest telling your doctor about it.

i would go the docs and give a sample - you could have a UTI and it will need treating. keep drinking loads and still go the loo or you could make it worse!

ugghh That is what I was afraid of hearing. Never had one and didn't want to start while being pregnant.

Oh well. Thanks for a quick response ladies!

I'd say uti sadly thy are very common during pregnancy.

Edited to add: as some one else said drink lots of water, keep trying to pee and take sample to gp ASAP. Also cranberry juice is very good as it's full of natural anti oxidents. A friend suffers from regular uti's and drinks loads when she gets symptoms and swears it helps

UTIs are more common during pregnancy so even if you have never had one before it could be that.

I thought I had one at one point but the sample turned out negative and it was just one of those things. I found not holding it in and making the time to go every hour made it better.

It won't take them long to dipstick test your sample so definitely get it checked.

sounds like a uti lots of barley water and cranberry juice if thats a bit sour for your taste get cranberry and raspberry but drink loads, they can treat it but if you keep flushing yourself through you may get rid of it yourself, burning sensation and strong smelling wee isnt all ways that prominent, im a health care worker and by chance dip tested my own wee and it showed up mild uti so i didnt know either!

When I had a uti I was told not to drink too much! But to drink cranberry juice.

UTI hun, make sure you go to the doctor on Monday & get it confirmed.

If you are prone to UTIs in pregnancy, it could be worth buying cranberry tables to take daily. It's not a full proof prevention, but with me it definitely did lower how frequently I got UTIs.

Hope you manage to get the UTI confirmed and treated, they can be nasty

I agree it more than likely is a uti. I've had those when I wasn't prego and they burning drove me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->