6w3d and scared of mc..

wheelz23

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Starting on 5w3d I began spotting, they ran HCG levels and they were at 31,239 and they said it was definitely not a miscarriage. Said it was normal, and all was well.
Tomorrow (6w4d) I have an ultrasound, to make sure that everything is going on okay inside. The doctor said he wasn't worried, that this was just a precautionary measure. He said my HCG levels were fantastic.
I have still been spotting on and off. However, I am absolutely terrified of maybe I'm in early stages of miscarriage? Some internet websites make spotting out to be the worst thing ever and it will inevitably end in MC.
Does anyone know the miscarriage rate if I'm healthy and six weeks along? I'm 23, no health issues, just incredibly freaked out. Am I totally freaking myself out? Should I even be worried?
Any advice is appreciated. I know there's not much I can do to help, just right now I'm borderline panic attack over this. I feel so much pressure to have such a healthy baby, and it's breaking me. I feel helpless right now!

Hi there I can totally understand you anxiety and I hope the scan tomorrow proves to you there isn't anything to worry about. I had 5 mcs before my DS pregnancy who is now three. And he is the only pregnancy I spotted brown with and he was my successful pregnancy. Imo, your hcg is very healthy.
The spotting is old bleeding from baby getting nice and snug in there. Keep me updated. Please dont stress hun. I know its had led to do.

thank you. I hope it is from where the baby got SUPER snug. My mom spotted 2 weeks with me, weeks 5-7. I guess I am just overanalyzing my body right now. My boobs will go from hurting super bad to not hurting all that bad, back to like a medium. This whole thing makes me feel so helpless!

Welcome to pregnancy Mama, it's a huge rollercoaster especially for your first baby :hugs:.

I had spotting during both of my pregnancies from around weeks 5-9. Both of my girls are perfectly happy and healthy. They were born premature but it is completely unrelated to my spotting.

Good luck at the ultrasound and I hope you get refreshing news :).

You will worry now, during the second tri thend you will worry about not feeling baby.. when they get here you check on them constantly when they are sleeping, it's ongoing. I don't think iv stopped stressing about something with my first and he's 3. These babies put us into mummy mode from the min we conceive them. Funny really when i think about it. Just deep breath. Try and think about something completely different. Until you wake up. X

So, I heard heartbeat. Rate of 116, and baby is okay for now! They said I have a scratch in the placenta, and that it usually heals itself and will be gone by the next ultrasound. Said miscarriage rate was 5% and that at 10 weeks the risk will drop significantly.

So glad that you got to hear the heartbeat! :hugs: I'm sure that had to be a bit reassuring for you. Did they schedule another scan or will it be you regular scheduled scan that you would've had with or without this one?

January 25th I go back for another US! Already nervous. haha I can only hope and pray it will heal itself and baby will keep growing!

Try not to stress- I know it's so hard not to! My last pregnancy I started bleeding around 6 weeks. I mean full on period bleeding but even more heavy. Last for 2 weeks. Everyone thought I was having a miscarriage including myself. Ended up being a hematoma, and my now little bean is a healthy 8 month old baby :)

I have a hematoma! It's small, but I'm on pelvic rest and not being allowed to over exert myself, not the worst thing ever. I hope it heals! But that was what was causing the spotting. Had a heartrate of 116, and bean was doing okay for the time being!

My gyn says that contrary to the 12 week belief, the rate of MC drops ton5% long before that. It drops to 5% when you see a healthy heartbeat. Spotting can be totally normal. Most of my friends spotted in early pregnancy or throughout their pregnancies and their babies had safe, normal deliveries and are super cute kids now.

My guess, re-reading, is your 5w3d scan showed a sac or a sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat. Simply because 5w3d is way too early for a hb. So he just wants to check that baby is progressing on target :). I also had a 5w3d scan then a follow up at 6w3d. I was a nervous wreck and crying until I saw my gummy bear. Gyn even let me listen to the hb for extra time because I was freaking the eff out.

So deep breaths. We have your back. Maybe take a support person with you?

Scratch most of what I said lol I didn't see page 2. Yay! From what I hear with rest they clear up. Congrats!

https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12

This website shows the future miscarriage risk per day (so your risk of miscarrying at some point in the future, not just on that specific day). You can see that the risk is already very low by 6w3d (5.9%) - it's a fallacy that 12wks is the magic number - your risk has already dropped way before then.

Thanks ladies! I got my scan at 6w3d, and did see and hear a heartbeat. Next one I'll be 9w5d and I am SO nervous already! So much critical development. Thank you for the link, I LOVE statistics! They ease my mind.
Thanks ladies!

Hugs. Try to think of it this way. If the doctor had any inkling something terrible was wrong, they wouldn't be waiting 2.5 weeks to scan you again :). That's what I tell myself because honestly i feel totally normal and it freaks me out.

So happy to hear little bean is OK and growing :hugs:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->