6wk pp af returned tampons?

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
As it says really lo is 6weeks and af has returned (gutted) my 6 week check is tuesday. I had a small tear which had an intetnal stitch and i never had any problems with it and I'm exclusively breast feeding.
i hate pads feel yuk using them im showering several times a day to feel clean which is hard with a 4yr old who wants to play

Can I use tampons ?

i wouldnt think so this early. Maybe wait until after your 6 week check.

It most likely isn't af but some more pp bleeding. I had pp bleeding return at 6 weeks and again at 8. I wouldn't use tampons, they are too absorbant and take away your vagina's natural moisture which it needs to heal properly.

I didn't use them till 4 months pp....my af didn't come back till then but I.struggle to use them....they don't seem to fit (tmi)

I'm exactly like you though, hate pads with a passion.

(thanks for reminding me....af was due yesterday!)

I hate the feel of pads and couldn't stand them after I had my LO. I made it whole 4 days before researching and learning tampons are fine to use after giving birth. They tell you the pads b/c there is a very small risk of an infection.. You would be surprised how many women use tampons right after. I felt 10 times better right away.. it's just such a gross feeling with the pads.

I hate pads too, I asked the mw about this & she said def don't use them before the 6 weeks is up as you could get an infection.

My bleeding slowed to a stop and then returned at 6 weeks pp. Are you sure its af?

I then spotted off an on until 8 weeks. Then it finally stopped for good!!!

:flower:

I got mine at 8 weeks pp and used tampons then, but I'd already been checked. I'd wait til you've been checked just to be sure. I re-tore a little bit at 6 weeks pp, and it was horrible! So I recommend you be as careful as possible if you don't think you're healed!

My doctor told me women who are breastfeeding can have longer spotting bleeding that can last for days, It has to do with the hormones we give off and use for breastfeeding. So I bet it's not af. If your ebf you shouldn't see her for at least a few months. However I was told I could start using tampons after my 6 week pp so I would just hang on and wait.

Thanks everyone
I had no idea pp bleed could return how would I tell the diffrence? tmi pp bleed was really light like spotting for 4 weeks so would make sense I guess
I will keep using pads till Tue when I see Dr

You'll know in a few days which it is. I've heard that the first period is awful but for me when my pp bleeding came back I didn't have bad cramps and it was light for a couple days. A period would have been much heavier.

Thanks
No cramping but I don't normally cramp anyway and it is light so fingers crossed its not af returned

It probably isn't. It's very rare for a ebf mom to have a period return that early. Plus your hormones are so out of whack still that spotting randomly is really common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->