6wks pregnant and feeling breathless, is this normal?

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, I had the breathlessness with my first pregnancy but not till I was about 6 months along which I know is normal. I woke up this morning and felt sick, light headed, shaky and breathless. I am overweight very over weight and I know I can get out of breath if im doing something like rushing around or running upstairs but this was totally different, I felt exactly like I did when I was pregnant first time around but surely this is to early to be getting it already. Anyone else get it or have had it this early on

I've had it a bit too already. I read somewhere it's to do with increasing blood volume making your heart and lungs work harder.

Totally normal!!! You can thank progesterone for that! It's all the extra blood flow. I was the same as you , first pregnancy not until 6 or 7 months, but second pregnancy at 4 weeks! And with this 3rd baby...I had breathlessness before I got my BFP...That was my first indicator that I might be pregnant;) So don't worry...its all the hormones, and you will feel things earlier cause your body has already 'been there, done that' with pregnancy

I get this early on in pregnancies. It stinks, but it is normal.

I am an athlete and I am getting winded running up the stairs. It's definitely normal especially if you do not exercise as much. Should you feel like you are getting dizzy and not getting enough oxygen I would call your doctor.

Looks like we are both 5+6 too. Congrats and H&H 9 months!

I thought it was normal but it got to where flipping over in bed I would be breathing like I just ran a mile. So I asked my Dr she checked everything all tests were normal an she gave me sum meds to try for reflux an digestion problems an its worked wonders! I can definitely tell if I haven't taken it. Some ladies are completely against meds in pregnancy but wht good would I be if I wasn't breathing!? I'd mention it to your caregiver

this happened to me early on too. Old people with walkers were zooming past me and I couldn't do anything but walk slow and let it happen lol

Not to ruffle any feathers here...but meds are not the answer. It is just part of pregnancy. You will be ok...unless you are getting dizzy spells..which is also very normal, lay on your left side helps with oxygen supply.

Thanks everyone, it just freaked me out a bit when this happened to me this morning as im only 6wks and as I said I was about 6 months with last pregnancy but I can relax now I know this is normal. Luckily enough im not gasping for breath I just cant catch my breath for a while

This actually happened to me tonight after walking up steps at my daughters school. I walked in as they were electing me for vp of the PTA and I couldn't catch my breath to speak. I got a test right after and got the bfp @4weeks!

Yeep. Joys of pregnancy ;) I'm 7 weeks and feel out of breath after a phone conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->