7-8 weeks.....can I fly

Raiders09

Reaction score
Hi...

Ok I will be 8 weeks on the 24 sep. I have to fly to vegas....it's a 45 minutes flight...do you think it's ok ti fly.
My doctor told me to cancel it...
Need advice...

If your doctor told you to cancel it then that's what I would do.

If your doctor told you to cancel it then it's probably best to do so, since he/she knows your medical history and pregnancy better than we do. Can you maybe drive instead if you really have to go on the trip?

I don't know y she told me to cancel it....I thought the last 2 months you are not to fly.....
My medical history is normal....I got pregnant after 8 years and she wants me not to take any chances...
I asked her why ....she said because they are lot of scanners at the airport

She might just be concerned about uncontrollable risks, even though flying is generally safe during pregnancy. If she's really just worried about you going through security you can just ask TSA to give you a pat down instead of going through the scanners. :flower:

I don't know y she told me to cancel it....I thought the last 2 months you are not to fly.....
My medical history is normal....I got pregnant after 8 years and she wants me not to take any chances...
I asked her why ....she said because they are lot of scanners at the airport

Hi there, in reading your other posts it looks like your ultrasound needed to be redone. My guess is she is considering you high risk until she can get all the answers you're looking for. I am in the same boat and need to rescan. They told me that until I hear a heartbeat I'm at risk to miscarry, so they probably don't want you traveling in case that is a scenario for you as well.

I'd listen to the doctors for now.

Hang in there...it's a terrible waiting game but you should have answers soon enough! :hugs:

My doctor told me not until the second trimester.

So please don't take this the wrong way but why would u consider discounting ur doctors advice and instead taking the advice of some other women on a pregnancy forum? These forums are amazing for support from other women going through the same thing, but they shouldn't be used for medical advise like this, and they are not written by healthcare professionals.... your doctor obviously told u to cancel it for a reason. Doctors generally don't just tell u not to fly for no reason

Im confused. You made a post yesterday stating you are 10 weeks.
And anyways why would you ignore your doctors advice in place of random women on a public online forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->