7 day "Cabbage Soup Diet"

Soontobe

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?
I'm about to start it for 7 days, obviously you cant do it long term but its expected for you to lose 10-15 lbs in the 7 days..

The 7 Days Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
Eat as much soup as you desire for seven days and you can lose 10 to 15 pounds. The recipe varies slightly, but includes a variety of low-calorie vegetables such as cabbage, onions, and tomatoes, flavored with bouillon, onion soup mix, and tomato juice. Each day of the seven-day program has specific foods that must be eaten, including potatoes, fruit juice, many vegetables, and on one day, beef.

Day One:
Eat only fruit, all the fruit you want except banana.
Drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, cranberry juice, and water.
Eat as much soup as you like.

Day Two:
All you want - fresh, raw, or cooked vegetables of your choice. Stay away from dry beans, peas, and sweet corn. Reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter for dinner. Eat as much soup as you like but no fruit for today.

Day Three:
Combine days one and two, eat as much fruit, vegetables, and soup, as you like but no baked potato.

Day Four:

Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.

Day Five:
You may have 10-20 ounces of beef (300-500g) and a large tin or up to six fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once today. You may eat broiled or baked chicken (skinless) instead of beef. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef.

Day Six:
Eat beef and vegetables today. You can even have two or three steaks if you like, with fresh vegetables or salad. NO BAKED POTATO. Eat your soup at least once.

Day Seven:
Eat all you want of brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices, and vegetables. Be sure to eat your soup at least once to day. No bread, alcohol, or carbonated beverages, not even diet soda.

Cabbage Soup Recipe- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 carrots
- 1 container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 package Lipton soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes bouillon (optional)
- 1 48oz can V8 juice (optional)
Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, etc.
Directions:
1. Slice green onions, put in pot and start to sauté with cooking spray.
2. Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take seeds and membrane out. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and put in pot.
3. Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
4. Clean carrots cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
5. Slice mushrooms into thick slices (otherwise they will disappear in the soup), put in pot.
6. If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of cayenne pepper (red pepper) now (1/3 teaspoon is quite a bit as the soup will get spicier as it cooks further).
7. You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. They have all the salt and flavors you will need.
8. Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time (two hours works well).
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Eat all the soup you want, whenever you want for the next 7 days.

as much as 15lbs in a week sounds awsome!! i think i wud have alot of chance of putting it straight back on as soon as the diet stops the next week and healthy food resumes.

good luck tho.
let us now how u get on xx

i did it i lost 14lb in a week but 2 weeks later id put it back on

h x

i did it i lost 14lb in a week but 2 weeks later id put it back on

h x

wow...im on a shake diet so want to do this for one week and then go back on that..hopefully i wont put to much back on..

thanks

It's really bad for your body to go on these fad diets, to lose so much weight so quickly will have a really bad effect on your health, most people who follow these diets will put the weight on straight away as soon as they start to eat normally as these diets are basically starvation diets. The only way to lose weight and stay healthy is to eat sensibly and exercise, if you keep following these diets you eventually run the risk of permanent damage to your health and it's not really a good example to your children as they tend to mirror what you do, please think carefully before starting on one of these bizarre diets and if you're really serious about losing weight go see your Doctor for advice.

Keep this post updated! Am curious if this works or not.

I dont think id have the willpower for this diet.... but that does sound like a lot of weight to lose :)

keep us posted!!

My SIL did this a diet quite a few times and it did always work for her, but she would put the weight back on eventually! x

It's alright to use for a detox before starting a proper diet I find, but I've never lost much weight off it (I've done it twice in the past, once before xmas to shift any extra water I had to get into nice dresses etc., and then once again after xmas before starting my new years diet). My mum lost a lot off it but then just put it straight back on.

Results are:

I lost 4.5 kgs or 9.9lbs

I only had one slip up once when i went out for lunch, and i had a ham, tomato and onion toasted sandwich on the steak day..

I feel very good and by the banana day i was right into it and had a really nice "clean" feeling..

I know fad diets are bad for you and in no way did i starve myself..i just lived off soup and fresh fruit and vege for the week..lol i dont see anything wrong with that

i wouldnt realy say theres much wrong with it short term wise as in 1week but long term ther is as your not getting the right nutrients your body needs n sum people would argue it being pointless cuz as soon as you start to eat food again you will put the weight back on....but hey if u gota party to go to then y not lol xx

I wasn't being cheeky when I said these diets are bad more concerned as you need to be so careful around your little ones, I know this because for the last few months I have had to watch my 16 year old daughter suffer with anorexia and it is the most painful thing in the world to see. she now accepts she has s problem and she does want to get better but she is stilll terrified of gaining any weight, she has had to drop out of school due to this illness. all I'm saying is just be careful as you may think you're only trying to lose a few pounds but your children idolise you and may copy you and these ideas stay in their head when they are older and sometimes faddy diets can progress onto become eating disorders.

Results are:

I lost 4.5 kgs or 9.9lbs

I only had one slip up once when i went out for lunch, and i had a ham, tomato and onion toasted sandwich on the steak day..

I feel very good and by the banana day i was right into it and had a really nice "clean" feeling..

I know fad diets are bad for you and in no way did i starve myself..i just lived off soup and fresh fruit and vege for the week..lol i dont see anything wrong with that

wow that is a lot of weight to lose in a week :) im definetly going to do something similar to this for 10 days to try and shift a stone :) x x

I wasn't being cheeky when I said these diets are bad more concerned as you need to be so careful around your little ones, I know this because for the last few months I have had to watch my 16 year old daughter suffer with anorexia and it is the most painful thing in the world to see. she now accepts she has s problem and she does want to get better but she is stilll terrified of gaining any weight, she has had to drop out of school due to this illness. all I'm saying is just be careful as you may think you're only trying to lose a few pounds but your children idolise you and may copy you and these ideas stay in their head when they are older and sometimes faddy diets can progress onto become eating disorders.

i totally agree with u...this is why i am trying to loose weight now whilst archie is young enough to not understand so then i can hopefuly be at a happy weight and happy with my body so my feelings weight wis wont affect archie cus im so unhappy with how i am at the moment that if i dont do something about it soon he wil grow up with an issue with weight. x

lol yeah i know hun, it was just a week thing to lose that little bit of annoying weight that just bugs you..i understand fully..

goodluck with your daughter :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"