7 day luteal phase, Consultant refusing to help, what can I do?

Doesn't sound like high prolactin is your issue then which is a good sign!

9 days so not horrendous but not great either. And the gp confirmed with my progesterone levels I wouldn't sustain a pregnancy even if the egg was fertilised. I've just ordered my cream!

You see how can a GP say that to you, ,yet I was rubbished for the same issue by a so-called fertility consultant?! Beggars belief!

How was your progesterone levels checked? Was it 21 day bloods? Can you remember your numbers?

I was given some forms to have 21 day bloods taken to ensure I am ovulating. Not sure what is considered normal or not.

What cream did you order in the end and where from?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!

I had day 21 bloods. Can't remember my numbers but I'm picking up a printout of my results tomorrow so I'll let you know then.

Got this cream but the bigger pot: https://www.onasnatural.uk/products...ACH0ke2WIfMmVQUVfs9iWFyXZIn5NUMWFzRoCbZ3w_wcB

Spoke to Dh and we figured it can't hurt

I had day 21 bloods. Can't remember my numbers but I'm picking up a printout of my results tomorrow so I'll let you know then.

Fab thanks!

Got this cream but the bigger pot: https://www.onasnatural.uk/products...ACH0ke2WIfMmVQUVfs9iWFyXZIn5NUMWFzRoCbZ3w_wcB

Interesting! I could only find them on ebay, so will deffo consider this one. It's very reasonable price-wise as well.

I used the Life Flo brand, but Pompey said it wasn't available over there. Here you can walk into any health foods or drug store and get it.

I've since done some research and I do believe you can buy progesterone cream on ebay! Not sure if they have that brand, but will check it out. Do you know what strength it is?

It's 20mg per pump, and you use 1 pump per day

That one is a very high dosage. I'd recommend using 1/4 of what they consider a dosage for your first month.

My progesterone level was 27. Apparently 30 is normal. I don't think that's too bad! What was yours?

My progesterone cream has arrived. Says on the back it can cause cancer. Great, is there anything that doesn't?! 😱😱

I am having my progesterone levels checked later this month once I've ovulated. I will let you know my numbers!

Yay for th cream arriving! I was reading the q&a's about that cream on the website and it said that the natural ones are safe, it's the synthetic ones that could cause cancer. I wonder if they have to put it on just to cover their backs even if the risk is so minimal?

Probably. It has come from America. Having seen their tv ads for medication you'd seriously wonder how any of them sold as they have to state all the risks. Most of which are horrendous!!

That particular cream came from California, and they have super strict laws there, including on supplements. We can't even mail certain things to our customers in California. Every single bottle that comes from a manufacturer there states "can cause cancer" weather they do or not.

Probably. It has come from America. Having seen their tv ads for medication you'd seriously wonder how any of them sold as they have to state all the risks. Most of which are horrendous!!

LOL that made me laugh. Recently I saw a commercial for an anxiety or depression med (don't remember which one), and one of the side effects was suicide. So I thought to myself "really? Isn't it making the problem worse than better? "
Like oh, you're already depressed? Here, take these to get things over with faster. Smh.

pompeyvix - sorry to hear about your problems.

I am dealing with the same issue. I have a 8 day luteal phase and my doctor is not at all concerned. She just asked how long my cycles are.. they are about 28 days and she said that was normal so I should stop obsessing, it would happen someday. But it is not normal to have 28 day cycle if you ovulate on cd 20! :nope:

I have 3 times had faint lines appear on 8 dpo only to slowly fade away with my AF. But the doctor would not hear it. Come back in 3 months she said. I have been ttc (intense obsessive ttc actually :haha:) for 8 months.

I wanted to slap her! Really! I am a very calm person but I have been eating so much b6, c-vitamin and other things to try to sort this out but I honestly thought she would at least pretend to care. :growlmad:

We cannot buy over the counter progesterone creme where I live and it is illegal to buy it online so I don´t know what to do next. :cry:

Luteal vibes to all of you :hugs:

Bke is Vitex available where you live? You could try taking that.

Where do you live bke? I'm in the U.K. but got it online. Have you tried acupuncture? I've got from a 43 day cycle with short lp to 29 day cycle last month and slightly longer lp. I'm sure acupuncture is helping

pompeyvix - sorry to hear about your problems.

I am dealing with the same issue. I have a 8 day luteal phase and my doctor is not at all concerned. She just asked how long my cycles are.. they are about 28 days and she said that was normal so I should stop obsessing, it would happen someday. But it is not normal to have 28 day cycle if you ovulate on cd 20! :nope:

I have 3 times had faint lines appear on 8 dpo only to slowly fade away with my AF. But the doctor would not hear it. Come back in 3 months she said. I have been ttc (intense obsessive ttc actually :haha:) for 8 months.

I wanted to slap her! Really! I am a very calm person but I have been eating so much b6, c-vitamin and other things to try to sort this out but I honestly thought she would at least pretend to care. :growlmad:

We cannot buy over the counter progesterone creme where I live and it is illegal to buy it online so I don´t know what to do next. :cry:

Luteal vibes to all of you :hugs:

Your post sums up everything I am going through right now!

Do you know if you had a short luteal phase when you conceived your two children? I have absolutely no idea if my daughter was conceived on a short luteal phase and she is some miracle child, or whether my hormones have gone out of whack since having her. I conceived after 2 months without monitoring my cycles in anyway, so I have no way of ever knowing.

Why on earth don't Dr's get it??? How can they think an 8 day LP is normal!?!? It is so ridiculous!

Where do you live? Why is it illegal to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->