• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

7 day luteal phase, Consultant refusing to help, what can I do?

Thanks girls! It is sooo good to vent about this with people in the same boat. :hugs:

I had a rather short luteal phase with my first child but normal - average about 11 days so much better than now, no problems there. My second was a surprise BFP (I can´t believe that actually happened!) and I was still BF my son, with irregular periods so I have no idea.

Then I went on Mirena birth control for 2 years and I have not yet become "normal" again after I had it removed. It is actually one of the rare side affects of Mirena to get ovarian cysts and they can interfere with progesterone production leading to short luteal phase so maybe that happened.. :shrug:

I live in North Europe and Vitex is illegal here as well. I have no clue why!

I am taking 80 - 100 mgr of B6 as well as B12, Folic acid, c-vitamin, sink and magnesium every day. I am also focusing on getting a good rest and nurturing my mental health because I read that if you are very stressed your body prioritises making cortisol over progesterone. So I am meditating and relaaaaxing. It does not come to me naturally. :haha:

Now I am waiting to ovulate, getting very anxious (oh no cortisol! :dohh:) because it is my bad side - my cyst side - so I might not ovulate. Fingers crossed for a postitive Opk soon! :wacko:

How is everyone else doing? Any news?

I've been stressed so so think my prolactin has been sky high. Looked like I was getting fertile on cd13 but now o is playing hide and seek 🙄 Drives me mad. I want to get cracking with the cream!!

I actually used the cream till o. Using it after o helps keep the pregnancy should it be there, but won't help you o any sooner. It may or may not lengthen your lp after o, so if you find it doesn't lengthen your lp, skip a cycle, then use it from the start of af till o. You can't piggyback because you can't use it for more than 3 weeks in a row.

Also, when you do use it, apply it to your uterus area (think pelvic bone), everyday. For what you're trying to accomplish, it's not necessary to alter where it goes everyday.

I thought I'd come back to resurrect this thread to give people hope!

The month after I made the post, and after TTC for 21 months, I got my BFP!! As far as I am aware, my luteal phase that month was no different from any of the others, but I still fell pregnant and so far, it's a sticky bean.

I did try soy isoflavones on the cycle I fell pregnant, but I have absolutely no idea whether or not this did the trick. All I do know if that it happened.

Just want to give ladies out there with a short luteal phase that it CAN happen! Just keep the faith.

Me too 😀 It looks like Pompeyvix is the same too. So that's three of us with short lp and still got pregnant!

Me too �� It looks like Pompeyvix is the same too. So that's three of us with short lp and still got pregnant!

I noticed that when I went back into the thread!

I really hope others can take solace from this because when I made he original post, I never , ever thought it was going to happen for me.

I meant bke not Pompeyvix 🙄 Doh, baby brain! Anyway point is lots of us now pregs😀

I've just recently made a post about my lp being 5 days last month!

This really does give me hope!

I've just recently made a post about my lp being 5 days last month!

This really does give me hope!

I am glad it's given you some hope! Good luck!

The month I conceived I was taking B6, B complex, folic acid, vitamin C & soy isoflavones :)

Also , my thyroid medication was increased by 25mg, but that was half way through the cycle I fell pregnant, so I doubt that would have been enough time to make a difference.

I took b complex too. I was also taking iron, vit d, coq10 and omega 3

OMG congratulations to everybody on those BFPs! You have given me hope about my short-ish LP.
I also saw you guys talking about the medicine ads in the U.S. and it made me think of how at the pools in California they have signs posted "chemicals in this facility are known to the state if California to cause cancer". Not what I wanted to see! I was on vacation....

Good luck db! And OMG, those ads!! Really not what you want to see when you're trying to relax and enjoy your time away! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"