7 weeks, just found out it's di-di twins!

Fizzyfefe

Mama and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I am in total shock!

Had my first ultrasound last week because of spotting, and everything was normal. They found one baby with a heartbeat of 151 BPM. The spotting has continued on and off and today, it turned red. So, I called my OB and she told me to go to the ER. I was crying and my blood pressure was through the roof, thinking that I was going to lose this pregnancy.

The ultrasound tech was so nice. She asked if they had told me last week that there was anything unusual about this pregnancy. I said no. I asked her if she was trying to tell me that there were two babies in my uterus. She said yes and pointed them out on the screen. I couldn't believe it.

The radiology report says they are di-di twins measuring 6+6. They both had heartbeats. I already have one beautiful son, aged 13 months. I'm so terrified and shocked and scared and happy and excited and I don't even know what else.

:shock:

OMG sweetie!! Congrats, that's double the blessing. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy :flower: Sorry for my ignorance, what is Di di? Identical?

Congratulations Fuzzyfefe! I just found I'm pregnant with twins 2 days ago, they measured at 7w3d (5 days ahead of my dates going by lmp)

Jlestar...di-di is another term for fraternal twins that each have their own sac and placenta. Turns out there's a few different types of fraternal twins depending on what they share or don't share. Di-di is the lowest risk of all the twin types. I'm expecting di-di too 😊

Congratulations, I would LOVE twins, there's something magical about having twins 💜

omg congrats@!!!! I am so happy all is well, but I would pass out at twins lol

Thanks so much, girls! I could hardly sleep last night because my brain was so wired. And congratulations, Pippy, on your twins!

Actually, I was doing some research last night, and it turns out that somewhere between 18 - 36% of identical twins are di-di! So we might have identical babies on our hands one day. :shock:

There's a few different variations of the chorion and amnion combinations:

Dichorionic/Diamnionic
Monochorionic/Diamnionic
Monochorionic/Monoamniotic

Fraternal twins can only be di-di, but identical can be any of them.

Congratulations! That's so exciting! :D

Hello there,

Just dropping in from the third trimester board to wish you a big congratulations to both you and Pippylu!

I'm one day shy of 36 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins! Such a blessing!

I hope your pregnancies go really well and you're not feeling too poorly in the way of morning sickness.

Take care ladies & good luck!

xx

Wow, Congratulations!

Double the trouble, and double the fun! Oh and it'll be great with your elder one too.

One of my friends had a 14 month old when she had triplets!!!

Wow ! Congratulations :) you must have been so surprised !

Ahh congrats! Did you have any other symptoms? For some reason I'm convinced I'm having twins haha can't wait for my scan in 2 weeks!

Thanks so much, girls! I still can't believe it, and it's been a couple days. Maybe when I start to feel kicks, or my belly gets bigger than it did with my son... Actually, now that I think about it, I can't wait to hear the heartbeats. :)

As far as symptoms, I have cramping and nausea, and pee a ton. That's really it. The day before I went to the ER, though, I told my hubby I felt "weird." I can't really explain that, but it's true. It's just a weird feeling in my uterus compared to when I was pregnant with my son.

How crazy that they missed it the week before!! Congratulations! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->