7 weeks, nausea, and scary cold sweats

Kzd2014

Reaction score
This morning I woke up with slight stomach pain, so I knew I should make a trip to the bathroom. Truthfully, I was kind of relieved (gotta love that pregnancy constipation). However, quickly things turned scary - I felt like I wasn't sure whether I needed to use the bathroom or vomit, and at the same time I broke out into cold sweats and thought I was going to pass out. I managed to get by by calling out to my husband and alternating between laying on the cold tile and taking care of business, but I've never felt that weak and sick. It was over quickly and I was feeling better, and I'll ask my doctor this week, but i was curious: has this happened to a anyone? Are there triggers? Will it keep happening? I'm nervous about feeling like this at work...

This has happened to me this pregnancy and my last. I get very weak, cold sweats, and just feel overall bad for a few minutes. It doesn't last too long, but it does scare me sometimes because I don't know what it is and I've experienced it now with my last pregnancy and this one. I will try and ask my doctor about it my next appointment. Maybe iron is low or something like that, I did suffer from low iron my last pregnancy, perhaps this could be the cause!

I work in an ER. We often see people who have passed out or almost pass out after or while using the restroom. It's a common thing.
You did the right thing by calling for assistance and getting low to the ground immediately. Your veins dilate (vaso vagel response common after using the restroom and one of the classic characteristics is that you feel better after laying down for a little bit) and your blood pressure drops making you feel like you are going to pass out. Some people do pass out. And pregnancy hormones are known to cause dizziness too.
As long as you are feeling better then you might mention it to your doctor on your next visit. If you aren't then you should get checked out.
Be sure to stay well hydrated and that you are eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->