7 weeks pregnant unsure of conception date

newmama91

Reaction score
Me and my boyfriend were planning on having a baby as we both felt ready and it was the right time. I was going to start using ovulation sticks and read on the package that you're supposed to start using them on day 14 with a 28 day cycle.

My last period was on the 15th of March. On the 24th I had unprotected sex with an ex which my boyfriend now knows about. This was a mistake.

On the 27th I used the ovulation stick which was negative but me and my boyfriend decided to have sex anyway. I used the OP stick a day later which still came back negative.

On the 4th of April is when I got a very faint line on the OP stick. We had sex the day before.

My clearblue pregnancy test came back positive on the 14th of April stating I was 2-3 weeks pregnant on the test which on the leaflet states it means I was 3-4 weeks pregnant.

I'm just wondering if there is a possibility I could have ovulated earlier in my cycle instead because the pregnancy test came back positive quiet early or if the ovulation sticks were wrong?

As ovulation happens anywhere from 10-14 from the last day of your period. So it could be either. Scan would know more for sure. Good luck x

I think in most cases the 24th would be too early to ovulate but sperm can live inside your body for up to six days so there's really no way of knowing who's baby it is purely by conception date unless the conception date was April 4th (then I'd say you're safe to assume it is your boyfriend's baby). Also, don't worry too much about the digital test, you might just be producing a bit more HCG than the average pregnant person which makes the 2-3weeks come up instead of 1-2weeks. I'm sure your doctor and a early dating scan could give you a lot more insight on this though. Sorry you're going through this! Hope it works out the way you want :)

As hard as it is hun there's no way for sure to know. You could have ovulated early, and sperm can survive for up to 5 days in the right environment. There would really be no way to tell with only 3 days in between sexual partners. The ovulation test with a faint line won't count as the test line needs to be as dark as the control line to indicate your peak days, and even then it means you will ovulate in 24-36 hours. I get faint lines on them all the way through the month, even after ovulation. Only way you get more of an idea is a scan and to be honest they won't even be reliable till around 10- 12 weeks as in the early days measurements can change so much. It may mean a DNA test though hun as 3 days makes it such a close call. I hope you manage to sort it soon and get the result you are hoping for.

i think the only way to really tell is the DNA test. i think it is more likely to be your boyfriends, but as pp said, 3 days is a close call. i don't know if you need to wait until the baby is born or they can run a paternity test on the baby cells collected from your blood stream (ie. like they run Harmony test to check on trisomy 21).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->