7 wks old - what is your routine?

Flower

Reaction score
Hey gang!

I'm getting really frustrated trying to work out a routine that will work with us - so far we've ended up with a grumpy baby, as the times just get mucked up!

So I need to be really strict with times - but I just can't work out whats best! He defo needs a nap at around 3.15 - 3.45pm as thats when I pick the step-kids up from school and he always falls asleep in his buggy - which mucks the times up if I don't factor that in! Also I'd quite like him to go to 'bed' at 7-8pm, so we can get some time to ourselves and to have dinner etc.

Also at 7wks old where did your baby sleep? We live in a 3 storey house, our bedroom is on the top floor and the our lounge is on the bottom floor - so if we needed to go up and say put his dummy back in repeatedly, going up and down 2 flights of stairs would be exausting!

We try to have him sleep in his moses basket in the lounge with us til his next feed/til we go to bed - do you think thats ok?

So girls tell me your routines - as I can't for the life of me figure out what would be best for our LO!

Although you have a very busy and precise routine yourself, I really think that babies do best when they figure it out for themselves. People think otherwise though, you can get books about it and everything!

7 weeks is still very young but Alasdair is 13 wks on tuesday and he is in quite a set routine now :) I think he found his routine at about 9 weeks maybe? Time goes really fast so I don't really know!

Also, I think it is fine that you have him in the moses basket near you. I've only just started putting Alasdair upstairs without us to sleep and it's like 15 paces away - I can hear him breathe if there is no noise downstairs!

jack 7weeks now and we have a very good night time routine he has his last bottle at 10 and hes asleep around 10.30-11, then he sleeps til around 5.30 6ish but last night he slept til 7 which was amazing, but in the day we dont really have a routine i keep trying but it just goes out the window, once jack is up at 7 i put him in my bed and i BF him and we fall asleep til 10.30 then we get up, so my night time and morning are ok but i know what u mean about daytime routine they are really hard, just keep trying

Whats a routine lol. We ended up with a "spirited" baby who doesnt sleep for long lol
We now have the bedtime routine sorted though and she feeds every 3 hours but thats about it.
All i can suggest is what i did .....write down the times of everything....when they ate,how much,how long,when they slept and when they woke and how long for etc.....you may see a pattern thats what i found with Tabs.
Tabs also still sleeps in the evening downstairs with us on the spare sofa.falls asleep by about half 7 for the night then a top up when we go to bed.
Bath and pj's started for her at 6 ish.Bath only every other night though....but same routine,lights dimmed at same time etc.

joshua is just over 9 weeks and he found his own routine when he was about 2 weeks old.

this is how it usually goes.

5.30ish - bath(every other night) and dressed for bed
6.30 - bottle
7.00 - bed even when hes awake,if i put him to bed even 5mins early he doesnt have it.
2.00ish - bottle and nappy change and put back down
5.30ish - bottle and usually goes back down.

last night he a bottle at 6.30ish bed at 7 and didnt wake up until 4ish.

through the day we dont have a set routine.

joshua was in his pram (carrycot) at 7 weeks,he grew out of his moses basket when he was a week or so old. (long legs)
he is now in his cot.
we live in a bungalow so he goes down in our bedroom at 7 and always has done.

you will find your own routine that works for you and LO

thanks for your replies ladies! That really helps.

babe2ooo - wow you are lucky straight thro eh - if only!!! Jensen is awake at about 3ish then again about 6-7ish.

7 weeks is a bit young still.

Lola-Rose has just the basics settled.When she gets her bottle,when she approximatly goes napping...
And she has her bedtime routine.

She sleeps in my room in her bassinet at night but during the day she naps downstairs in the living room.
I just couldn't handle the constant running up and down,up and down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->