I am wondering the same thing! I would love to hear some opinions!

Also, does anyone know where to get one in the Toronto area?

I use the CBFM. I conceived my son on my 4th cycle of using it.
I'm using it again now as we're ttc # 2. My sister used it in between and conceived on her 3rd cycle. A second hand one would be fine to use as you can completely reset it and it wipes all previous data. I found it really useful and I really think I would still be ttc # 1 without it. My cycles are pretty much a different length each time. DH and I refer to it as our 'egg machine'! LOL!

I'm now on CD1 of my 3rd cycle and am hoping for my BFP before Xmas!! Fingers crossed for all of us.

I would get one but as it's £64 on Amazon, I think DH would strangle me. :(

It's only our third cycle. Maybe after 6 months I can work on him but I'm hoping this won't be necessary.

Ive jus started using it. Mine is second hand from eBay! You just have to reset it :) xxx

It depends on who you get it from I think. I have noticed that some people do fine with second hand, and others only get highs throughout their cycles and no peaks. The monitor takes 3 months to get to know your cycles. If someone using it before you had irregular cycles and never ever got peaks because they have anovulatory cycles, that could cause problems with your machine even when reset properly.

I have just bought it online from Costco ($189CA) It will arrive in 3-7 business days and I am pretty excited to start using it!! Would also love to hear reviews :)

Hi Ladies, I used a cbfm and I got my BFP on my 3rd cycle of using it. I personaly found it really useful. I lent it to a friend who was trying for 2yrs and got her BFP on her 4th cycle! Its not for everyone, and some people use it for years...which can be costly! It doesnt guarentee you pregnancy...nothing can, but it can up yours chances and reduce time of TTC.
I was on a useful thread when using it, I will try and find it for you. It covers the statistics as well...it has generally good results. x
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/563579-cbfm-thread-statistics.html?highlight=cbfm+statistics

I have been using it for 4 months now and nothing yet.

I have been using one for 3 cycles so far. It has been useful for me as I realise that I am ovulating way later than I thought. I have my fingers crossed for this cycle!!

They are expensive, but i bought mine from amazon for about £50 brand new.

Of course it's not for everyone. :)

It's for those who are not conceiving because of bad timing, which is a certain percentage. Those not conceiving because of (in)fertility problems, well, they'll just waste money here.

I used it for about 3 months then realized I like OPKs better .

There are always second hand ones on eBay. Haven't invested myself yet, maybe next month if I don't get my BFP.

The CBFM helped me learn that I was wrong about my ovulation. If you already know when you ovulate, you could be wasting your money.

If there's nothing wrong with your body and your hubby's sperm. It's possible.
I used it for 8 months, and nothing. I was one of the 11%
But I like CBFM, it's easier to use than OPK, since I only need to use it in the morning, no holding pee for 2 hours.

DH said if we don't conceive by December that I can get a cgfm for xmas. Let's hope I'm getting maternity clothes for xmas instead of cbfm! :haha:

I just bought one second hand from diaperswappers.com. I hope it works!

I just picked mine up today second hand from a local lady for $80 and I've reset it already. She used it to conceive both of her kids and got pg the first try both times, so I'm thinking it's a lucky monitor. Or at least I hope.

Good luck ladies, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->