7dpo negative quantative blood test am i out?

abanana2010

Reaction score
Hey Ladies! So I have been cramping on and off like sharp pains in ovaries and pelvic area for 3 days (since 6dpo) My doctor wanted to get a blood test to check hcg level and progesterone. HCG showed NOTHING ZERO!!!! And progesterone was high she said. So they wanted to do an ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts that may have ruptured, and that showed absolutely nothing at all. My question is could this be three days of implantation cramping? I am now 9dpo and don't know if I am out or if I can still have hope. Period is due in two more days. These cramps are not like period pains for me. I have also had a runny nose, scratchy throat, and on and off headache. How long can implantation last, and would hcg not begin to produce until after cramping has stopped? Also, if my hcg is already so low, less than 1, how long would it take to even show up?

I am not sure, but I didn't want to leave you hanging. I would think that considering its still early in your cycle you aren't really out yet. I think that it takes longer for hcg to show up in your urine than blood, by a couple of days I'm pretty sure, but I am almost certain you have to have implanted to have it in your blood too. I don't know how long that would take. I would say you still have a chance. Give it a few days and test. What did the doctor say? I would be interested to know what they think about whether you may still be pregnant. Sounds promising at any rate...Keep us updated!

She said, if I hadn't implanted yet then yes def still have a chance. She wants to test in 5 days if no period. My progesterone level is 18.7 which is high,

Progesterone being high is a good sign, isn't it? Sounds promising :)

Yup Banana even tho you are due soon, ovulation to urine hcg reads you are very early still. The avg day to implant is 9dpo, so at 7dpo you wouldn't have even had hcg in the blood if implanting at avg time.
ANd pp is right your progest will be higher due to ov ( corpus luteum), so nothing you have found so far rules you out.
:hugs: and :dust
Pls keep us updated!

Let me know if you are! I did a blood test too 7 DPO and I'm still feeling a TON of signs and symptoms with no explanation...

Just to put you all at ease a bit more, after ov, there is a part of the fallopian tube the egg "rests" in for almost 3 days before continuing to uterus. The egg hatches from the Zona Pellucida (shell on the blastocyst-5 day emby)- usually at 5-7 dpo, and only THEN can implant begin ( which is a process over like many many days- diggin in deeper).
As soon as the emby attaches to the uterine wall hcg will begin rising in the blood to "stop" AF, but it takes about 3 days for it to appear in the urine.
Here's a detailed article I like. Just skip to Embryo Transport:
https://www.glowm.com/section_view/heading/Egg Transport and Fertilization/item/316
Here's another detailed one as well with breakdown from UCSF Med Center:
https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/conception_how_it_works/
Hang in there you are still in the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->