8-9 Weeks, spotting, BV and UTI, small sack, freaking out!

Calitronagrl

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been having some problems lately with my pregnancy and wanted to know if anyone had the same thing happen to them and everything worked out fine? I'll list the events on what is happening and try to keep it brief.

Sept. 8th - Found out I was pregnant
Sept. 11th - Appt with general practitioner to confirm pregnancy (4-5 weeks)
Sept. 18th - one small spot of blood that went away quickly
Sept. 22nd - Moved to WA from CA and made appt with intake nurse to be assigned with new midwife (Oct. 10th)
Oct. 8th - Started spotting again, went to ER, Ultrasound showed baby and a strong heartbeat of 175, Hcg levels showed 9 weeks pregnant, but fetus was showing around 8 weeks instead. Pelvic test shows a UTI and BV infections was prescribed Metronidazole and Cephalexin. Was told by ER doctor pregnancy might not be viable since the notes say fetus was small (contradicting words I know, former doctor said not to worry and they are confused).
Oct. 11th - Saw intake nurse and they scheduled a second ultrasound and an appt with my new midwife. (Oct. 28th) The nurse clarified that the sack is small and the fetus showed to be a little over 8 weeks old when I should be around 9 weeks. Said it is nothing to worry about, but they are doing second ultrasound to make sure everything is going okay.
Oct. 12th - Passed a small blood clot (super tiny that fits on a q-tip head), called new midwife, who had me come in to do my blood work again to check my levels, have to go in again on the 14th to do the same. Didn't get results in time to get any answers. Have to wait until tomorrow to find out the test results.

So pretty much I have been spotting since the 8th. The spotting is only when I wipe and not enough to get onto my underwear. I only have passed the one tiny blood clot. I have been taking my antibiotics like the doctors have told me too. I have had some dull back aches and no abdominal cramping (only when I have a bowel movement, constipation-tmi, I know). I can't help but feel worried about the whole thing. The doctor straight told me that with the sack being small they are not 100% reassured everything is okay so I have to wait for the next ultrasound to make sure everything is going good still. Have anyone ever experienced anything like this and was okay? My mom is already telling me that I am most likely going to miscarry and I am hoping that is not the case. My DH and I have been trying for 4 years to get pregnant and even had 2 surgeries to make this possible.

I am sorry girl! It is so stressful in the first trimester... has your BV/UTI gone away since the antibiotics? What do you mean by small sac? Is it measuring behind the baby? A heartbeat of 175 is good! I will be praying for your baby! Being a little behind is not a big deal, a lot of women have their baby catch up around 12 weeks or so. I will keep you in my thoughts! :hugs:

I had dodgy measurements and it was all doom and gloom. I was scan 4 times between 5 weeks and 9 weeks and each time I got conflicting measurements. I have a very healthy 16 month old!
Good luck!

Thanks all for the comforting words. I am suppose to be 9-10 weeks, but the baby is measuring from 8-9 weeks instead. They said said the sack was small as well, but didn't clarify by how much. That it was behind the growth of the baby. They only have the one ultrasound that they did last week at the ER and will do another one in two weeks to see if everything is sorting itself out.
I am still currently on both antibiotics and have 2.5 days to go on them. The spotting is still happening, but now it has sort of a mucus look to it, so not sure if it is the infections clearing out and spotting due to it or it is all from something else. I am not in any pain and the spotting is not heavy enough to appear in my underwear so I know those are good signs, but can't help to worry about our little one.
I go in tomorrow first thing to do another blood test to check my levels again to ensure they are still going up. I'll keep you posted on what they say.

Thank you all for trying to comfort me, but I just got a call from the doctor and my levels dropped way low and my progesterone levels are low as well. She said I should miscarry within the next week. Guess it is not our time. :nope:

Thank you all for trying to comfort me, but I just got a call from the doctor and my levels dropped way low and my progesterone levels are low as well. She said I should miscarry within the next week. Guess it is not our time. :nope:

Cali, I'm so so sorry to hear this. :hugs: Prayers for you.

so very sorry! I had something similar just happen to me. Baby measured small as did the sac. I'm waiting for the mc now. I was hoping your outcome would be better. If you have questions or want to chat send me a msg. or come see us on the tic after a loss board. :hug:

I am doing a bit better with this. I had put a post on the miscarriage support forum. DH and I are already talking about the next time we try again and making a plan on what we will do differently. I was experiencing mild cramps but they have stopped and the spotting hasn't gotten worse and it will stop now and then too. It is annoying me now more than anything. I go in for my final blood draw tomorrow, basically to confirm what they are saying is happening to me. I might ask the doctor if she can move up the ultrasound date early next week so I can decide what to do from there. My DH and I have our 4th year anniversary next week and I really don't want this hanging over our heads while we try to enjoy what we can of our special day.

So sorry things are not looking good, hugs. Hope they will move your scan, it's horrid not knowing, I also had a missed miscarriage in the past, ended with me having a d&c. I then went on to conceive within 3 months and had twins who are now 23 months. Good luck for the further xxx

so sorry you are struggling with this. I would also want to get things taken care of before an anniversary. I had my procedure today to clean everything out. It was a sad day but I am looking forward to my body getting back to normal now. Hang in there and I hope you find some closure soon.

Thank you everyone! My DH and I are looking forward to the future and hearing some of your stories of having a successful pregnancy right after a miscarriage is making me feel more hopeful. I just pray it doesn't take as nearly as long to happen again. We both would like to have at least 3 children while we still can, but will be happy with one if that is all that is allowed for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->