"8 boys and wanting a girl" on More 4

I saw it when it was on channel 4 originally, selfish IMO.

Some of the women are really extreme, especially the American lady with all the drugs!? Also the blonde lady comparing having a boy to "not having a child"! Really bloody insensitive to those who would love a happy, healthy baby regardless of gender.

Some of the women are really extreme, especially the American lady with all the drugs!? Also the blonde lady comparing having a boy to "not having a child"! Really bloody insensitive to those who would love a happy, healthy baby regardless of gender.

:nope: how upsetting for them boys.. to feel mom only had me to get a girl and i was the wrong gender :grr: what is she thinking.. id give anything just to have a healthy baby

While I agree that it seems selfish, I don't think it is. If I get pregnant, ever, I plan on doing IVF gender selection if I have two boys first. We only want 3 children, and I would be absolutely devastated if I didn't have the little girl that I've wanted since I was a little girl. At this point I want nothing better than to have a healthy, happy baby, and gender won't matter at this point, but it might someday.

Gender disappointment is real, and it's not preventable, nor does it always make sense. Calling these people selfish is like saying someone with depression is making it up. :shrug: Just my two cents on the matter.

so you think saying having a son is like saying they have no kids at all isnt selfish :growlmad: there is no question about it it is 100% selfish when you decide to try for a baby you know chances are 50% either boy or girl and after two being the same gender the chnce of having the same gender again is usually 80%
if they want a gender that badly these women should adopt.. i dont know how anyone can be disapointed about there child just for there gender!

Firstly, she didn't compare having a boy to not having a child at all, if I remember correctly, she compared not being able to have a girl to infertility. These parents loved their boys. And of course, they all KNOW the chances of having a boy/girl. The ones that try naturally get a bit upset after doing everything in their power to have a girl.

Adoption is REALLY expensive, and isn't easy. If we want babies so bad, we should just adopt, right?

I felt very sad for the baby whose mother burst into tears when told she was expecting a son :( Poor, poor little boy. There are thousands of women who would be thrilled at the prospect of having a baby - male or female - and I for one do think these women are selfish.

Well she obviously has 8 boys already, and I think if she wants only one girl as an addition to her boys than it would be disappointment of course, does not mean she would not love them less.

But would she love a daughter more? If not, why go to the lengths she did?

She wouldn't love a daughter more than her sons, it's just different in her eyes. I actually know the woman who cried at the ultrasound from the other forum I post on, and she ADORES her boys. Absolutely ADORES them. However, she still would like a daughter. Liken it to wanting something so bad that it becomes an obsession.

I do think, however, it makes MUCH more sense to pay for the ivf treatment to ensure that you do have your desired gender, rather than trying multiple times and having to put up with disappointment at the gender scan. The women that get that upset at their gender scans also feel very guilty for doing so. It's just an illogical mental thing that people shouldn't judge, IMO.

She wouldn't love a daughter more than her sons, it's just different in her eyes. I actually know the woman who cried at the ultrasound from the other forum I post on, and she ADORES her boys. Absolutely ADORES them. However, she still would like a daughter. Liken it to wanting something so bad that it becomes an obsession.

I do think, however, it makes MUCH more sense to pay for the ivf treatment to ensure that you do have your desired gender, rather than trying multiple times and having to put up with disappointment at the gender scan. The women that get that upset at their gender scans also feel very guilty for doing so. It's just an illogical mental thing that people shouldn't judge, IMO.

I think IVF treatment to get a specific gender is damn unnatural and i find it disgusting. Who cares if somebody wants a girl or boy really bad and they don't get the one they want, life is not about getting what you want, people should be happy with what nature gives them (a healthy baby).

Just to add, some women can't even have a child naturally and would give anything to have a baby of any gender, the people on this programme were very selfish to act the way they did.

sorry to gatecrash
that programme really upset me i think nature gives you a baby its a gift no mater what ive got a little girl and cant wait to find out what im getting this time but i honestly dont care its a gift xxxx
the woman who cried at the scan when they said its another boy i could have chucked something at her !!!

I think IVF treatment to get a specific gender is damn unnatural and i find it disgusting. Who cares if somebody wants a girl or boy really bad and they don't get the one they want, life is not about getting what you want, people should be happy with what nature gives them (a healthy baby).

Just to add, some women can't even have a child naturally and would give anything to have a baby of any gender, the people on this programme were very selfish to act the way they did.

i 100% agree .. and to add that woman was only having more kids to have a girl.. how will them boys feel no matter what you tell them they would feel like "well mommy only had me to have a girl" its disgusting! and its so selfish if i had 8 boys i would be thinking well its nature and natural... im suppose to only have boys.. not omg its like fertility because i tell you IF that woman WAS infertile she wouldnt care what gender she gets and she would just be grateful with what ever she gets.. saying having boys is just like infertility is so insensitive to us ladies who are :growlmad:

Oops seem to have opened a can of worms here. I was amazed the lenghts some of the women went to, but I can understand that gender disappointment does exist and that is becomes an obession. Sometimes these kinds of programmes are designed to make "good" tv and they seem to start it with some of the more shocking quotes (I think I posted after the first 10 mins or so) So it probably isn't the most fair and balanced view. I just hope these ladies and ladies like them can be happy with whatever outcome life gives them x x

IVF in general is unnatural. It's ok for people to do that, but not for them to choose a gender? I think it's a difference of cultural opinion.

In fact, there are many women that suffered with infertility for years and then suffer from gender disappointment. I myself have infertility issues, I can hardly be around a pregnant woman without crying. I'm at least understanding of the issue, before jumping all over someone that has a mental problem. Maybe I understand because I know what it's like to think illogically because of my bipolar disorder.

i didnt see the programme however i do think its selfish that people would be disappointed - they should be thankful they are healthy! i come from a family where i am 1 of 12 granddaughters and there is only 1 grandson and it isn't an issue. why would it be?! and as for crying when you find out what it is because its not "what you want" is just weird to me!

IVF in general is unnatural. It's ok for people to do that, but not for them to choose a gender? I think it's a difference of cultural opinion.

In fact, there are many women that suffered with infertility for years and then suffer from gender disappointment. I myself have infertility issues, I can hardly be around a pregnant woman without crying. I'm at least understanding of the issue, before jumping all over someone that has a mental problem. Maybe I understand because I know what it's like to think illogically because of my bipolar disorder.

fair enough thats you, you would still love all your children but THESE women are saying having a son is like being infertile without a doubt whether she meant it as in she still loves her sons or what ever that would still an affect on her son, i admit i want one of each some day but i wouldnt be disappointed as to me a baby is a baby dont matter the gender i just want a family! and these women should think the same about there kids..

I watched this 1st time round. It infurated me. How dare the woman compare infertility to not having a girl. Thats rediculous!!

xx

While I agree that it seems selfish, I don't think it is. If I get pregnant, ever, I plan on doing IVF gender selection if I have two boys first. We only want 3 children, and I would be absolutely devastated if I didn't have the little girl that I've wanted since I was a little girl. At this point I want nothing better than to have a healthy, happy baby, and gender won't matter at this point, but it might someday.

Gender disappointment is real, and it's not preventable, nor does it always make sense. Calling these people selfish is like saying someone with depression is making it up. :shrug: Just my two cents on the matter.

completely agree , i plan on having quite a few children to be honest - as me and my partner will both be in very well paid good jobs and im hoping this will mean we can support them very well and give them a great start.
Im carrying a boy and am not disappointed at all , but saying that i wouldnt want to go through having 7 or 8 more boys and not a single girl :(
Id be gutted , but it doesnt mean i wouldnt love my boys all the same :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->