"8 boys and wanting a girl" on More 4

Personally I cannot understand it. We aren't infertile but have trouble conceiving. I really didn't care with our last 2 about the gender and I don't care about subsequent children either if we are lucky enough to have any. It would be nice to have a girl, just to experience parenting both sexes, but I would love another little boy, and as long as he/she is healthy then I don't care. I think its incredibly selfish, even if these women don't realise it. Being able to have children is incredible in itself, it shouldn't matter what gender the child is

i totally agree... having children or a child boy or girl should be enough for a mother..

Call me crazy but I kinda understand the mums in the show.I never realised how much I wanted a little girl until I got pregnant and had this burning desire.I was worried that I'd be soo disappointed if I found out I was having a boy because everyone kept saying they thought I'd be excepting a boy. I was even going to buy this product from the US to find out the sex early,but then we had a scare and I had to have a CVS test.At this point I found myself not caring about the sex but just that baby was healthy. Results where baby is a health baby girl so I got really lucky. I don't mind a boy next, but if you have 8 of 1 sex surely your heart will want at least one of the other,just to have a balance.

I am sorry but not having a girl is no where near to infertility. It is a horrible comaprison to make. I want a litle girl but if I just had boys I wont be so devistaed that I cry or compare it to infertility
xx

i didnt see the show and while i agree its not the same as infertility
i wonder if they ment the ache is the same.

when you so badly want something there is an ache for it, perhaps that is what they ment but it came across wrong.

while every mum wants their baby to be healthy there is such a thing as gender dissappointment. you only have to hang out in 2nd tri a few days to see it. these mums feel so guilty for feeling that way but cant help it.

i always wanted 2 girls, mainly because all my family consits of sibling girls, does that mean i love my little boy less, hell no, he is my world. im hoping that numer 2 will be a girl, if it turnes out to be another boy i know part of me will be dissapointed but i will love him just as much, and would most likely try for a girl up to number 4. thats my limit then i will admit defeat.

i think if something comes easily in life you take it for granted and want more, if you are having trouble concieving than obviously you are greatful for any baby, but if you can fall pregnant at the drop of a hat then you get greedy in a way.

While I agree that it seems selfish, I don't think it is. If I get pregnant, ever, I plan on doing IVF gender selection if I have two boys first. We only want 3 children, and I would be absolutely devastated if I didn't have the little girl that I've wanted since I was a little girl. At this point I want nothing better than to have a healthy, happy baby, and gender won't matter at this point, but it might someday.

Gender disappointment is real, and it's not preventable, nor does it always make sense. Calling these people selfish is like saying someone with depression is making it up. :shrug: Just my two cents on the matter.

completely agree , i plan on having quite a few children to be honest - as me and my partner will both be in very well paid good jobs and im hoping this will mean we can support them very well and give them a great start.
Im carrying a boy and am not disappointed at all , but saying that i wouldnt want to go through having 7 or 8 more boys and not a single girl :(
Id be gutted , but it doesnt mean i wouldnt love my boys all the same :thumbup:

AGREED!!!
I think people are being too harsh about this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->