8 day luteal phase - help with ovulation questions please!

mollyandco

Reaction score
HI ALL,

FIRST TIMER POSTER HERE. I'M LOOKING FOR ADVICE ABOUT MEASURING MY LUTEAL PHASE AS EXACTLY AS IF I'M DOING IT RIGHT IT'S A PALTRY 8 DAYS.

AS I UNDERSTAND IT, THE LUTEAL PHASE IS FROM THE FIRST DAY AFTER OVULATION UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE MY PERIOD. IT'S BEING SURE OF WHICH DAY IS THE FIRST DAY AFTER OVULATION THAT CONFUSES ME.

I'M PREDICTING MY OVULATION BY USING AN OVULATION KIT WHICH AS I UNDERSTAND IT DETECTS THE LH SURGE PRIOR TO OVULATION. THEREFORE WHILE THE TEST IS POSITIVE AND OVULATION IS IMMINENT, HOW CAN I BE SURE OF THE DATE OF THE DAY AFTER OVULATION? IS OVULATION JUST ONE DAY? WHEN I WAS USING THE OVULATION TESTS THERE WAS A PARTICULARLY STRONG LINE ONE DAY WITH VERY SLIGHTLY LIGHTER LINES THE DAY BEFORE AND AFTER.

ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS i NEED TO GET MY LUTEAL PHASE SORTED! i'VE HEARD CONFLICTING STORIES ASBOUT HOW IT CAN BE A MAJOR ISSUE IN INFERTILITY AND OTHERS SAYING THEY GOT PREGNANT NO PROBELM. i'VE STATED b6 SO WE'LL SEE.

tHANKS AGAIN AND SORRY IT'S SO LONG!

Yes its one day after you plus opk is 1 dpo, temping helps with this also.

You will o 12 to 36 hours after a + so it could be the same day, therefore the next day is 1 dpo.

xxx

You really need to take temps, you will see a clear rise a day after ov. My luteal phase was 8 or 9 days but have extended it to 10 or 11 with vitamin B12, 100mg per day.

I'm confused about this too, since I got my temp rise three days after my +OPK (I continued testing and they were neg after that one positive). For me that would make the difference between an 8 day LP and a 10 day, which is huge in my little brain.

If your luteal phase is only 8 days....you need to see a doctor....for a pregnancy to be viable your luteal phase has to at least be 10 days. GL and FX you figure it out soon.

Google Luteal Phase defect for more information sweetie...I had that problem in the past....I got on the pill and came back off and things went to normal for me.

B6 is also meant to be good for lengthening your LP xxx GL hun xxx

Yep and Soy Isoflavones should help as well....goodluck sweetie keep us updated :)

I have luteal phase defect as well. My doctor prescribed me to Prometrium. I took it for 2 months everday, now Im on my third month and I stopped taking it as of October 23 to get my menses going. Im now on CD13 and tracking my OPKs so that around 2-3dpo I will start the promtetrium again to sustain the pregnancy (providing my prayers are answered with a BFP). You should really talk to your doctor about Prometrium, I know a lot of women with this problem and it has lengthened their luteal phase and sustained their pregnancy.

Good luck with everything! Hope this helps you

OH! one more thing, I had to take it everyday for a while because my body's progesterone level was a measly 1.7 during my luteal phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->