8 days strong positive opks

twiggy56

Mummy expecting #2
Reaction score
Anyone had this big of a surge? My cycles are slightly irregular, but i got a positive opk on CD25 and have had not just positive, but STRONG positive opks ever since...and im now CD32 and another blazing positive. Now if i was looking at this from an outside perspective i would say do a pregnancy test...however iv been tracking BBT and still no rise? So thats why im so confused!?

Anyone had an 8 day surge?! Or have any clues as to whats going on? I may test but feel its silly with my temps so low.

Any other ideas?! Ladies?! PLEASE!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 9
Also, i always test at roughly same time with SMU so the positives are definitely not because of high concentration...

hmmm I'm not really sure about this... I would suggest to test a 2nd time during the day and see if you get the same result. If you do then I would say to take an hpt. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply! Im totally stumped too, i'l take a hpt tomorrow with FMU but im pretty sure iv not ov'd due to the temps.

Has anyone ever O'd and not had a temp spike?!

I also have no clue. I keep getting faint line for the past 2 days and it just doesn't want to get darker!!! ;(

Looks like we're at opposite ends of the spectrum but both situations just as frustrating ibeach!

3-4 days of positives seemed within notmal range but day 8 of a definite positive and im now totally confused.

I know ladies with pcos have problems with opks giving them multiple surges but never heard of them getting surges in this length?

Im starting to doubt my temps!! But i have had EWCM for all 8 of those days too so im convinced its an O situation and not a pregnancy situation...

I think with PCOS the issue with OPKs is that they are always positive or near positive for the entire cycle along with having irregular periods. I don't have PCOS, but my OPKs are positive for around 2 weeks out of my cycle. It can happen.

Thank you for your reply popchick...

I dont have pcos (that i know of/has been diagnosed) but i do have long irregular cycles. I ovulated on CD83 when i concieved DD so im no stranger to unusal ovulation in the cycle...but this is the first time this has ever occured.

I took a hpt with a 6 hr hold and BFN. Im just want a temp hike or the surge to go so i can ovulate!!

I've not quite had a +ve opk hoping in next few days as line been getting gradually darker for the last week, but starting to panic because my temps have been going down and not up...

Starting to doubt my temps.. Maybe because the weather getting really cold here and causing my temp to go down or something :shrug:

I have no idea whats going on but starting to worry im not ovulating :cry: I have 38 day cycles and on CD26.. Babymed app says I shouldve O'd yesterday but no positive opk or tempt spike :cry::shrug:

This is very similar to my situation. I have had + opk for the past 5 days. I have cycles that are typically 32-36 days. I don't know what's going on. I have lotiony cm. I don't temp but if I don't get my bfp this cycle may seriously consider it.

I've not quite had a +ve opk hoping in next few days as line been getting gradually darker for the last week, but starting to panic because my temps have been going down and not up...

Starting to doubt my temps.. Maybe because the weather getting really cold here and causing my temp to go down or something :shrug:

I have no idea whats going on but starting to worry im not ovulating :cry: I have 38 day cycles and on CD26.. Babymed app says I shouldve O'd yesterday but no positive opk or tempt spike :cry::shrug:

Dont panic about your temp dipping, an ovulation dip is very normal! Its just the rise after the dip you need to worry about because that is what confirms O happened. But yes, I too am doubting my temps. They're so low when i compare them to everyone elses!! But they are consistently low, so its just normal for me? I had a 36 day cycle in Nov so FF said my estimated O date for this month was Dec 14....so yeah. Im still waiting!! I should be teating about now...not still doing opks!! :(

This is very similar to my situation. I have had + opk for the past 5 days. I have cycles that are typically 32-36 days. I don't know what's going on. I have lotiony cm. I don't temp but if I don't get my bfp this cycle may seriously consider it.

Yeah iv had some lotiony cm too yesterday? But (sorry tmi) just one bit in my underwear? I keep expecting to see the opk test line die down every day but nope...blazing positive over and over... when will it end?!! :( Iv had niggly cramps too, so im hoping its just that O has been delayed due to stress as been working loads and also christmas etc!

Another positive today. Day 6 of them. I don't understand!

I havent taken my opk as christmas eve shopping today has kept me so busy!

But im going to take one after dinner as had about a 3hr hold with a glass of juice so should be roughly SMU concentration?

Its so frustrating huh? You said you dont temp huh? Well i might as well not have bothered as its just added to the confusion...and im also wondering if the thermomteter is to blame!! (Is that silly? :haha:)

Also my CM has dried up today so im thinking SURELY iv O'd!??

No idea dpo or anything if I have...temping was meant to eliminate all this guessing- not add to it all!!

No I don't temp. I may start next month if af shows. I think I ovulated just don't know if I caught the egg. I haven't checked cm today but I think it has dried up. I think we have o'd. It's so frustrating though! Are you experiencing any other symptoms?

Ok well iv just taken an opk now, with my urine fairly concentrated to the same standard as SMU and got this...its SO negative compared to the ones iv had that are blazing positives but i know for others, this may be considered still positive? What do you reckon?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 4
Symptoms of O were all there, good 5 days of EWCM, niggly pains, positive opks...but now CM has dried up and my opk looks like that so i think I must have O'd...hell knows if we caught it at the right time...we DTD as much as we could, being so damn busy was hard to get the time!

Although no idea dpo now so im guna have a total guessing game with testing :(

Ok well iv just taken an opk now, with my urine fairly concentrated to the same standard as SMU and got this...its SO negative compared to the ones iv had that are blazing positives but i know for others, this may be considered still positive? What do you reckon?!

To me the lines look the same but if its lighter than before i would call it neg. if I can do it I may even try to wait till the 1st to test. Here's to hoping for bfp for us both for the new year!

Iv got a pic of the positives iv been having on the first post. Where the test line is undeniably darker than the control so now its gone down to being the same darkness im inclined to say thats negative for me?

Thank you so much for your help, its very frustrating business! I prob wont test on the 1st unless i have obvious pregnancy symptoms! As even if I O'd yeaterday or today I dont know that id get a positive by then? We'll see!

I really do hope you get your bfp...will give me a little hope if you do seeing as we've experienced the same thing!!

Just checked and I still have lotiony cm. wouldn't call it ewcm. I may have been mistaking the first 2 opk I took for positives and they truly were negative. The others I have taken the test line was much darker. But that's been 5 days of those now. Maybe I have ovulated late? My cycles have been shorter but maybe I'm going back to the 40 day cycles. We bd last night and are going to again tonight. We will see what happens. Thanks for everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->