8 months not babbling, rolling or crawling. Help need reassurance

laustiredttc

Expecting no 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I need some help in finding out if I need to get my lb seen?
He is nearly 8 month old and so far the only thing he has managed to do it sit up.
I’m concerned with his lack of babbling, all he does is shout, make growling type noises or cry. We haven’t had any ba’s or ma’s or anything along those lines. He was rolling from his stomach to his back but only one way and now seems to have forgotten how to do that. He does put pressure on his feet when standing supported by me but is reluctant to try and crawl. Just topples to the side when stretching his arms forwards. He had reflux when he was younger but has grown out of it now but never really liked being on his tummy. He is always irritable and cries for the simplest of things.
He is my second and I can distinctly remember my 1st babbling up a storm and rolling over by now and he was premature.
Am I worrying needlessly or should I take him to be checked over?

Thanks if you’ve managed to read this far

My kids both babbled some by that age, but neither were rolling, crawling, or sitting up at that age. I was extremely worried about the lack of movement but it came a long fine.

I would say it is good he makes vocalizations but is it possible he isn't hearing? My son made some babbling noises by 10 months, but it stalled and by 18 months I was very worried he wasn't saying any words even though he would sign some. Turns out he couldn't hear. I would start with a referral for a hearing test.

It's so hard to tell so young if there's an issue. And all babies are so different. My daughter is 7 months and can sit up for short periods and babbles lots but put her on her stomach and she just lays there and cries. I think your best bet would be to keep checking in with his doctor to see if there are any causes for concern.

Thanks ladies

Since I posted we have had a few ba’s but I’ve just found out he has an ear infection. Maybe the cause?
Still no crawling but close to rolling from back to front
Thank you

The ear infection could be affecting things. Hopefully he's feeling better soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->