8 months old and won't try finger foods

Mrs Muggy

Reaction score
Ruan is 8 months old and we waited till he was 6.5 months to try finger foods. The thing is he won't try and eat anything himself. He picks it up and throws it over the side of his highchair....and then gets teasy until I feed him.

Will he grow out of this?
He is on 2nd stage jars and won't eat anything that we do even tho he eats with us at the table.
I've tried to encourage and praise him but nothing seems to work!
It costs loads to keep him in jars each week and would be alot cheaper if he would eat our food.

Any suggestions?

What sort of things have you tried him with?
I started Izzy out with suckable things, like breadsticks, biscuits etc
Other things she took to right away were strips of cheese.

If you want him to eat finger foods, then stop feeding him jars and give them to him. For the first couple of days he will play with the food mostly and have a few bites. Be patient. When he is hungry, he will eat. If he is getting jars before finger foods he won't be hungry, and if he gets them after he knows he doesn't have to eat the finger foods as Mum will feed him something in a minute and he has to put no effort in. Give him the finger foods before he gets too hungry, and if he really won't eat anything then give him a jar later on rather than straight afterwards.

Charlie refused to eat finger foods until about a month ago, honestly. I just kept giving them to him along with his meals and whenever we were eating anything and in the end he just did it. He will do it when he is ready. x

If you want him to eat finger foods, then stop feeding him jars and give them to him. For the first couple of days he will play with the food mostly and have a few bites. Be patient. When he is hungry, he will eat. If he is getting jars before finger foods he won't be hungry, and if he gets them after he knows he doesn't have to eat the finger foods as Mum will feed him something in a minute and he has to put no effort in. Give him the finger foods before he gets too hungry, and if he really won't eat anything then give him a jar later on rather than straight afterwards.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing, but now I don't need to! lol. What have you tried giving him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->