8 Months Post Partum and NOT Ovulating!

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I hope its ok to post here as I'm not TTC, but I do have an ovulation question. First, my backstory...I had my first child in July. My cycles returned about 8 weeks later and have been horrible, short cycles with heavy bleeding. After bleeding for 30 days straight in December I finally went to the Dr and she ordered an ultrasound and blood tests. Everything came back normal except for a couple cysts that she didn't seem too concerned about. Then my cycles got really long. I'm fairly confident that last cycle I did not ovulate and this most recent one, I started temping and I know I did not ovulate. I started bleeding yesterday, day 42 of my cycle, which I know isn't a true period.

I'm assuming my hormones are off still plus the stress of being a new mommy and I've gained some weight (I was overweight to start with) so I was hoping if I take care of myself for a bit, eating better and exercising, things might balance themselves out on their own. I really don't want to go back to the Dr because all she wants to do is a D&C and I don't see the purpose of that...my lining was normal.

Anyway, any help or suggestions on how I could naturally try to ovulate would be really really appreciated! :flower::flower::flower:

Hi :) I'm not sure how to naturally ovulate really, as I was on metformin and that was all that worked for me. But I know when I didn't get a normal period for about 18 months, I took vitex and black cohosh. Within about 3 days I had a very heavy period, which kickstarted more regular periods for me again.
I had been on the implant, which stopped my periods altogether. And then even after coming off it I had another 6 months of no period at all. After taking the vitex/black cohosh I started getting periods again (between 19 and 69 day cycles) but I did ovulate every cycle, which I hadn't been doing before.

Good luck :)

Thank you!

Based off a lot of reading, I bought some vitex and will try that. Hopefully it will start balancing me out along with eating better. I really need to lose some weight as well. If in a few months, I'm still messed up, I'll speak with my Dr. Luckily, we aren't TTCbjti still want to be "regular".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->